VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 09:29:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Allright so no Gruden - Give me your take on the candidates  (Read 12513 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 11:26:00 EST »

Strong or Patterson if no Gruden, would be my choice. I have no choice and no one is gonna call me an ask my opinion so I will get behind whoever/whomever(?) they hire and support him.

Good luck to us all. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 11:55:57 EST »

Pittman and Graham for sure. Plus, we will get Derrick Green if we keep Graham, and we need a big time RB
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 12:10:36 EST »

Promote Sunseri and bring back Dave Clawson as OC.  We would set all kinds of records.

My take is get the best defensive mind money can buy, because there aren't many of them, and most are really successful.  Then give him a budget to go out and buy the best OC money can buy, because there are more of them.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 04:27:14 EST »

Agree about keeping Strong and the staff.  Would be a good match, IMO.

Was against Fedora at first, but keeping an open mind.  He is supposed to be a good recruiter and could undoubtably help us in the Carolinas and Virginia.

Just say NO to Golden.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 02:47:01 EST »

Realistic candidate pool:
1) Fedora - Has won at every stop. Runs the fast spread offense and recruits an important area of the country for UT. Would be a problem for opposing coaches in the SEC coupled with a competent defensive staff.
2) Strong - SEC experience, can definitely shore up the defense. Just the opposite of Fedora, will need a strong OC IMO.
3) Golden - Maybe, put further down the list.

Maybe an option:
Fisher - SEC experience and can flat recruit, which may be the top criteria for this job.
Mora - Being a west coast guy, does he want to leave? Just made it to then PacXX CG and took Stanford to the wire. Will UCLA pay him to keep him?
O'Brien - Amazing job performed at PSU, but is he committed to sticking it out in State College?

Pipe Dreams:
Bob Stoops - Not leaving Oklahoma with Texas having problems and now playing in a more watered-down conference.
Patterson - Waiting on the Texas job - not leaving IMO.
Gundy - I don't see OKST letting him go, so angling for a raise and extension IMO.

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 02:50:51 EST »

I do not see Chaney kept on the new staff. Coordinators are normally brought in by the new HC, while Assistants have a much better opportunity to stay.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 04:55:15 EST »

I would take Stanford's coach in a heartbeat.  Maybe even top of the list but he is seldom mentioned and might not want to leave Standford.   But who knows...take a swipe, I say.

I suppose one problem would be getting him to leave prior to the Rose Bowl.   

Then there is the ever-popular choice of Franklin...to AUBURN I heard yesterday.  I hope so.  Get him out of Vandy.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 06:30:27 EST »

1 - Bob Stoops - Vast experience, Defensive minded, NC winner
2 - Patterson - Winner, period, dot.  Good defensive mind.
3 - Gundy - Good offensive mind. Motivator. Solid experience. Would need a strong DC.
4 - Strong - Has done well at Louisville, defensive minded. Recruits well and has SEC ties. Would be a good hire
5- Jimbo Fisher – Has done well at F$U.  Can recruit.  Would need a strong DC.
6 - Mora Turned UCLA around in one year.  Good, solid coach
7 - Fedora - Great offensive mind, would implement a spread offense that would work well. UNC fans love him. Won at Southern Miss but can he win in the SEC?
10 - Al Golden - Meh.

Where do you get that Strong recruits well?  His current class is ranked 48th which is about where Louisville always falls in the recruiting rankings.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 06:37:53 EST »

Where do you get that Strong recruits well?  His current class is ranked 48th which is about where Louisville always falls in the recruiting rankings.

He had a rep when he was at UF and perhaps USC.  But it's always hard to tell with assistants.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2012, 07:35:09 EST »

Nobody recruits well at Louisville

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: