VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 06:12:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mulligan for G State  (Read 1835 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2019, 06:25:04 EDT »

Preseason I thought the BYU game was a 60/40 type of game.  Still do. 

So I anticipated that we might lose to BYU, who I thought and still think is our toughest OOC opponent.  Given that, if you take away the loss to Georgia State, the season would still be on an acceptable trajectory for me. 

Thus I am willing to give Pruitt a mulligan on the Georgia State game (HC on the job training).  However, that mulligan is conditional....depends on how we do the rest of the season.  If we give the same effort against Chattanooga that we gave against BYU, I will be happy.  If we improve as much as we did from GS to BYU, I will be even happier.  And so forth for each week of the season.

If Pruitt wants to win me back he can, but needs to start immediately.  No more uninspired efforts the rest of the year, starting Saturday.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 06:37:59 EDT »

I'd say 85-90% of UT fans thought we'd be 2-0 right now with a chance to be 3-0 heading to FL. I'd be pretty satisfied at 1-1 right with 2-1 heading to FL. I posted and said a month ago I thought the BYU game was 50/50 because just where our team is right now and how we ended the season last year. I'd doubt there's a UT fan on the planet that thought we'd be 0-2 right now. Best I can do right now is look/see/hope we improve from week to week and hopefully we beat someone we shouldn't.

I think most of us feel hopeless right now....at 3-0 or 2-1 heading to FL we'd feel a lot better about a 6-7 win season that now seems like too much of a uphill battle.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:28:58 EDT »

He basically reduced the amount of slack fans are gonna give him with that Ga State loss, like Bandit said.. no more uninspired performances this year.

Feels pretty hopeless, yes... my hope is that maybe UF overlooks us and we pop 'em in the mouth before they wake up.  UGA and Bama, however will dog slap us even if they are asleep for 60 minutes.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 12:21:17 EDT »

No Mulligan!. Any SEC team with any respect for themselves comes out and pounds Ga State. Where did the players and effort go from the team that beat Auburn and KY last season.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 01:26:55 EDT »

No Mulligan!. Any SEC team with any respect for themselves comes out and pounds Ga State. Where did the players and effort go from the team that beat Auburn and KY last season.

He gets a mulligan for that whether you want him to have one or not. He's not going to be fired because of one game. Or even two or three. The only way Pruitt is in immediate jeopardy is if he loses to Chattanooga.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 02:44:58 EDT »

Thus I am willing to give Pruitt a mulligan on the Georgia State game (HC on the job training).  However, that mulligan is conditional....depends on how we do the rest of the season.  If we give the same effort against Chattanooga that we gave against BYU, I will be happy.  If we improve as much as we did from GS to BYU, I will be even happier.  And so forth for each week of the season.

If Pruitt wants to win me back he can, but needs to start immediately.  No more uninspired efforts the rest of the year, starting Saturday.

Give me a break.  It's evident that you suffer from battered vol syndrome.  "If Pruitt wants to win me back he can, but needs to start immediately."  You've been quietly saying this to yourself for 4 straight games now.  Mizzou, Vandy, Ga St and BYU.  The codependency created between the abuser (Pruitt) and the victim (you) here is obvious.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 03:41:47 EDT »

Everyone gets a mulligan, but you want to use it on the windmill hole, not the one that goes between wagon wheels two feet apart.

Pruett used his on the latter. That's fine, but it leaves no room for error later.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 04:24:27 EDT »

Give me a break.  It's evident that you suffer from battered vol syndrome.  "If Pruitt wants to win me back he can, but needs to start immediately."  You've been quietly saying this to yourself for 4 straight games now.  Mizzou, Vandy, Ga St and BYU.  The codependency created between the abuser (Pruitt) and the victim (you) here is obvious.

Hm, so you can see inside my mind?  Nice.  BYU does not belong in that category.  We outplayed them for 59.75 minutes, only to have a CB completely blow an assignment. 

But yeah, those other three games are completely unacceptable.  I guess you missed the part where I said I won't tolerate any more like that?  I guess them thar Jawga skoolz ern't sagood on readin' comprehshun, bubba?

And when I say there was a change from Georgia State to BYU, there definitely was.  Which...listen carefully...implies that in fact we are on a better trajectory now, in spite of the loss. 

As for Pruitt, I can point back at the Auburn and Kentucky games last year as proof that he is capable of far better than any of those three games, and better than BYU for that matter.

Beyond that, your sense of humor sucks.  That joke has only been done with fans of coaches that are struggling, like a million times.  At least be original. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 08:42:06 EDT »

He gets a mulligan for that whether you want him to have one or not. He's not going to be fired because of one game. Or even two or three. The only way Pruitt is in immediate jeopardy is if he loses to Chattanooga.
I'm not on the fire him bandwagon. I'm just saying if they do, Fulmer should be right with him.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: