VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 06:44:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is just my wild-ass theory, and is in no way rooted in known fact  (Read 1284 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:37 EDT »

Do the events of the past few days at least partially explain our injury issues?

It certainly seems that Butch has lost at least a portion of the team.  What if some of these guys are faking it out of protest? 

I know guys like Cam, JRM, and others with serious injuries are legitimately hurt.  They've been diagnosed by doctors.  But what about all the week-to-week stuff?  All the concussion protocalls?  All the "We'll let him practice and then see how he feels on Saturday" type of things?  It would be really easy for a player to fake that stuff.  What if all those injured O-linemen didn't want to block for Hurd? 

I don't know.  Just throwing that out there.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 04:07:17 EDT »

I worked under a OLD school football coach back in the 70's...He would tell us on his staff that injuries are contagious....He said if one goes down and misses practice then others will catch on and say hey....if I'm injured I don't have to practice either. He made the injured players work harder during practice than the kids actually practicing.....Lifting weighst....running around the track if they didn't have leg or ankle type injuries.....cleaning, sweeping, mopping the locker room that had no A/C in 95 degree heat.....Needless to say the injury bug never lasted long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: