VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 01:58:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter indicates Lame to FAU  (Read 8135 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2016, 04:57:20 EST »

My, how the "mighty" have fallen ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 04:59:19 EST »

That's not a stepping stone or anything   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 05:10:29 EST »

Two things.....Kiffin wanted away from Saban, badly.........or Saban wanted Kiffin gone, badly.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 05:13:18 EST »

Two things.....Kiffin wanted away from Saban, badly.........or Saban wanted Kiffin gone, badly.

I suspect it was mutual, badly ....

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 05:26:13 EST »

I suspect it was mutual, badly ....

When asked about his arguments on the sideline with Kiffin, Saban accurately replied, "There are no arguments," he said. "Those are called ass-chewings."

BG
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 06:02:33 EST »

Kiffin in south Florida with all those beautiful co-eds. What could go wrong?

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 06:30:49 EST »

This IS the issue.

BG

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 06:33:58 EST »

And all that blow...

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 12:32:33 EST »

This IS the issue.

BG

Joey Freshwater! 

But I was hoping he would go to LSU....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 12:47:09 EST »

Now referred to as Joey Saltwater

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2016, 02:58:56 EST »

Joey Freshwater!  

But I was hoping he would go to LSU....

Yep, Joey likes to have his fun. Excellent offensive mind and a great QB coach, but an accident waiting to happen.

BTW, not sure if the Sark rumor that he can't return to the Tide staff is true or not. Some saying that is not the case, and there has been no problems. I have no idea what is true on that situation---we'll soon see.

BG

« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:06:58 EST by BGHarper » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 05:12:45 EST »

Can we add FAU to the schedule?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2016, 05:46:09 EST »

The irony is delicious. At Alabama, Lane Kiffin was something of a rock star. The cameras stayed focused on him almost as much as they did on Saban. Gary Danielson called him "Lane" as if they were golfing buddies. The commentators and pundits handled him as if he were an offensive genius. His star power was unlike any other coordinator in college football.

And now he's at F-A-freakin'-U. 

Even coordinators who are desperate to get their break into a head coaching role don't leave an elite program like Alabama for a program like FAU. And those who have already coached at Power 5 programs and were thought to be shoo-ins for another Power 5 job certainly don't leave for a program like FAU.

I love it that rumors are wildly circulating that Kiffin had to find a job — any job — because Saban was booting him out. One week ago the story was that Kiffin was using FAU as a bargaining chip for the Houston job, threatening to accept an offer with the Owls to speed up the powers who be who were dragging their feet at Houston. But an offensive mastermind like Lane Kiffin would never coach at a lowly place like FAU, surely. Then, less than a week ago, he was operating under the assumption that he was Houston's next head coach. I don't know how many tasks he performed as the presumptive head coach at Houston, but I like to think he contacted a couple of recruits and picked out his office furniture. And then the president nixes it. And apparently even a sleaze ball like the Ogre didn't want Lane's taint on his LSU program. And, whirly-dirly, Lane winds up at FAU.

Karma's a bitch, ain't it Lane?
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2016, 03:25:28 EST »

Not going to out him, but some of you will remember that a starter on Saban's first national championship team was a high school team mate of my sons.  The young man has been involved in radio in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham since he graduated from Bama, and he and I talk pretty much weekly. 

His take from his contacts say that Kiffin had no choice at this point.  Kiffin was told to explore his options.  Saban was apparently tied of having to monitor him like he does his players.   

Take it FWIW, but from one who is still very close to the Bammer program. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2016, 03:38:44 EST »

Not going to out him, but some of you will remember that a starter on Saban's first national championship team was a high school team mate of my sons.  The young man has been involved in radio in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham since he graduated from Bama, and he and I talk pretty much weekly. 

His take from his contacts say that Kiffin had no choice at this point.  Kiffin was told to explore his options.  Saban was apparently tied of having to monitor him like he does his players.   

Take it FWIW, but from one who is still very close to the Bammer program. 
I hope he is doing well
Having finally getting to meet him (through your broadcasting) a few of years ago, seems like a good young man.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 03:51:00 EST »

Lame was quoted as saying that his new gig was his "dream job"!
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2016, 05:47:03 EST »

Not going to out him, but some of you will remember that a starter on Saban's first national championship team was a high school team mate of my sons.  The young man has been involved in radio in Tuscaloosa and Birmingham since he graduated from Bama, and he and I talk pretty much weekly.  

His take from his contacts say that Kiffin had no choice at this point.  Kiffin was told to explore his options.  Saban was apparently tied of having to monitor him like he does his players.  

I believe I know who the former player is. Regardless, he would know better than any and thus an excellent post by you.

The scenario on how Saban lets assistants go is exactly like this: he tells them to simply find another job. Major Applewhite, current Florida offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier and now likely Kiffin were told to get another job.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2016, 06:29:47 EST »

I believe I know who the former player is. Regardless, he would know better than any and thus an excellent post by you.

The scenario on how Saban lets assistants go is exactly like this: he tells them to simply find another job. Major Applewhite, current Florida offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier and now likely Kiffin were told to get another job.

BG

I'm not sure Orgeron rejected Lame.  Maybe he did.  Reports stated satan wanted Lame to get an HC slot, which, loosely translated, means "don't go to LSU".  I wonder if there was a clause in Lame's contract that said he had to pay a penalty for going to another SEC school, or some other incentive satan could hold over him in a contractural sense.

Or it may just be that satan had lots and lots of dirt on ole Joey Freshwater.   

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 07:15:16 EST »

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/12/12/lane-kiffin-florida-atlantic-after-alabama/95343870/

Unhireable 

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 08:09:11 EST »

I'm not sure Orgeron rejected Lame.  Maybe he did.  Reports stated satan wanted Lame to get an HC slot, which, loosely translated, means "don't go to LSU".  I wonder if there was a clause in Lame's contract that said he had to pay a penalty for going to another SEC school, or some other incentive satan could hold over him in a contractural sense.

Or it may just be that satan had lots and lots of dirt on ole Joey Freshwater.   

Joey is going to luv Boca Raton...literally.

BG
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 08:55:48 EST »

I hope he is doing well
Having finally getting to meet him (through your broadcasting) a few of years ago, seems like a good young man.

Yep.  He's doing well.  Owns his own medical equipment supply company and still does some radio.  He had to quit doing a daily show when his daughter was born, however. 

And he and my son both turned 30 recently, by the way.  They are getting old.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 08:57:39 EST »

Joey is going to luv Boca Raton...literally.

BG

Joey Saltwater that close to South Beach? 

Just shaking my head at that one.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2016, 08:59:35 EST »

And he and my son both turned 30 recently, by the way.  They are getting old.   
& that makes you   

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2016, 08:59:49 EST »

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2016, 09:04:28 EST »

& that makes you   

You don't have to remind me of that, but just remember that you will ALWAYS be older than I.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: