VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 03:02:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New stadium for the Titans? dang....  (Read 561 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2022, 07:17:03 EDT »

...I thought Nissan stadium was still pretty nice.  I guess the proposed replacement will be covered?  The concept drawing looks like a big flat rectangular platform will be put over the stadium and that it will still be open air....is that right?  I guess it will still be artificial turf which players are still bitching about despite improvements in the technology. WHat do y'all think?  I guess there are a lot of plusses as in drawing lots of other events to the city, but it seems like such a dang waste.  Would Vandy take over the "old" stadium?  It's not as if they would fill it too many times.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 07:40:28 EDT »

I know a person that's on the Nashville Metro Sports Authority board and I spoke to him this week....He showed me photos of the new soccer stadium there out at the Fairgrounds...Very nice stadium and one of the biggest in the USA.

He said almost certain to build a new dome stadium. Current one needs over 500 Mil upgrades and repairs...Doming it would add $320 Mil on top of that. Building a new one would be around 1.4 billion.

Edit: Of course that 1.4 billion would be around 2.8 billion by the time it's said and done as usual.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 07:43:52 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 09:48:44 EDT »

Awesome. Can’t wait to go there and watch us get screwed over in many a Music City Bowl to come.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2022, 09:55:07 EDT »

Georgia Dome was demolished after 25 years. Nashville will be in the hunt for Super Bowls & FFs with a domed stadium. Honestly, they should have built a dome to begin with for these reasons. Whether growth is good or bad is up for debate, but it is our prevailing economic model, and you can trace the timeline for Nashville's explosion in growth to the arrival of the Titans. Get ready for the MLB Nashville Stars too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 09:59:33 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2022, 01:44:18 EDT »

Went to see the Cowboys at “Washington Football Team” last year.  FedEx Field, now THAT is a dump!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: