VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 11:35:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I call on the gamers of the board to mourn with me  (Read 2374 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2013, 01:57:43 EST »

PS3 died this evening.  *sigh*
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:09:14 EST »

Ahem - Xbox
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 02:09:45 EST »

PS3 died this evening.  *sigh*

Ouch.  You going to get a new one, or wait for the PS4 at the end of the year?

I went into Gamestop yesterday and preordered GTA5, Bioshock, Tomb Raider, and South Park.  They all come out within a month of each other (assuming GTA isn't delayed).  GS is going to put a serious dent in my disposable income this Spring.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:32:42 EST »

Ouch.  You going to get a new one, or wait for the PS4 at the end of the year?

I went into Gamestop yesterday and preordered GTA5, Bioshock, Tomb Raider, and South Park.  They all come out within a month of each other (assuming GTA isn't delayed).  GS is going to put a serious dent in my disposable income this Spring.

Is there a window of time that people are expecting the ps4?  Ugh, Just got AC3.  Idk if I can wait that long but it seems close enough to consider it.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:52:31 EST »

Is there a window of time that people are expecting the ps4?  Ugh, Just got AC3.  Idk if I can wait that long but it seems close enough to consider it.

It and the new XBox aren't even confirmed at this point.  But with the unusually big number of big titles coming out this Spring, everyone is just assuming that this is the last hurrah for the current-gen consoles, and that all the usual 4Q releases will be for the new systems.  E3 is in June, that is the latest we should hear something.  But probably earlier.  Most insiders expect both Sony and Microsoft to hold announcement events for their new consoles in April or June, and use E3 to tease all the new games for them.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:05:29 EST »

It and the new XBox aren't even confirmed at this point.  But with the unusually big number of big titles coming out this Spring, everyone is just assuming that this is the last hurrah for the current-gen consoles, and that all the usual 4Q releases will be for the new systems.  E3 is in June, that is the latest we should hear something.  But probably earlier.  Most insiders expect both Sony and Microsoft to hold announcement events for their new consoles in April or June, and use E3 to tease all the new games for them.

I relied on my ps3 heavily as a blu ray player so I'll likely get one.  The new ps3 super slims look and are VERY quiet which was an irritation with my old ps3 when watching movies.  The noise was distracting.  I guess I feel somewhat fortunate it lasted 4 and a half years.

What big titles are slated for Spring?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 04:31:55 EST »

I relied on my ps3 heavily as a blu ray player so I'll likely get one.  The new ps3 super slims look and are VERY quiet which was an irritation with my old ps3 when watching movies.  The noise was distracting.  I guess I feel somewhat fortunate it lasted 4 and a half years.

What big titles are slated for Spring?

Well, all the ones I mentioned above, plus Dead Space 3, a new Gears of War, Crysis 3, and The Last of Us. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: