VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 11:55:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Mizzou and UK have winning records  (Read 2794 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2014, 07:30:46 EST »

But have played much easier schedules

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=MFB&division=11

We have played the 5th toughest schedule in the country, while UK is 34 and Mizzou 58.

That ranking is based only on win % of opponents and doesn't factor in any other type of measure of opponent.  It definitely understates things.  The highest ranked opponent (at this moment) faced by MIzzou is uga and they killed them 24-0 at home. 

Of course, UK played MSU pretty well in Lexington, but then again MSU almost lost to Arkansas last night.

At any rate, while both teams are certainly capable of beating us, they have played ridiculously easy schedules compared to us with the exception of Kentucky playing MSU and LSU (and look what LSU did to them on the road).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 03:49:44 EST »

But have played much easier schedules

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=MFB&division=11

We have played the 5th toughest schedule in the country, while UK is 34 and Mizzou 58.

That ranking is based only on win % of opponents and doesn't factor in any other type of measure of opponent.  It definitely understates things.  The highest ranked opponent (at this moment) faced by MIzzou is uga and they killed them 24-0 at home. 

Of course, UK played MSU pretty well in Lexington, but then again MSU almost lost to Arkansas last night.

At any rate, while both teams are certainly capable of beating us, they have played ridiculously easy schedules compared to us with the exception of Kentucky playing MSU and LSU (and look what LSU did to them on the road).

One reason I thought you guys were better than apparently some Vols. Last week, I think a few didn't either appreciate, or fully understand, just how tough the opposition has been. This team is much more physically tougher than last season and that says someone has been coaching them up. Impressed with the mental toughness demonstrated against USCe by coming back late in the game with two touchdowns.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 07:47:20 EST »

One reason I thought you guys were better than apparently some Vols. Last week, I think a few didn't either appreciate, or fully understand, just how tough the opposition has been. This team is much more physically tougher than last season and that says someone has been coaching them up. Impressed with the mental toughness demonstrated against USCe by coming back late in the game with two touchdowns.

BG

Yeah BG...anyone who does not see a difference in this year's team and last in terms of mental toughness, fire, and competitiveness is pretty blind, especially if you look at our November games last year.  I still don't think we should have lost to Vandy and Mizzou probably should have been more competitive.   

Having said that, we still have a ways to go...our D lately has me concerned and offense still has plenty of room for improvement. 

Somewhere far below I posted a blog that said it takes two good recruiting classes to start turning a team around.  Well this is the first year of "all Butch" recruits, so we are basically still a year away but I still like what I see so far.  Here's hoping we give you some better games in the future....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Mean Old Man
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 12:20:38 EST »

UK is clearly an improved team. Mizzou is not as good as last year. I like our chances in both games. I don’t want to read too much into a single win but we’re seeing some promising things from this team. They are starting to look as if they are putting things together offensively and as you point out, they’re playing with a lot mental toughness and fire (they’ve done so all season long). These next two games will tell the story of whether or not this team is really turning the corner. IMO, they are games we should reasonably expect to win. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 07:01:21 EST »

UK is clearly an improved team. Mizzou is not as good as last year. I like our chances in both games. I don’t want to read too much into a single win but we’re seeing some promising things from this team. They are starting to look as if they are putting things together offensively and as you point out, they’re playing with a lot mental toughness and fire (they’ve done so all season long). These next two games will tell the story of whether or not this team is really turning the corner. IMO, they are games we should reasonably expect to win. 

Yup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: