VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 09:15:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eight Tennessee football assistants reject pay cuts  (Read 2328 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2020, 06:42:29 EST »

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2020/11/13/tennessee-football-pay-cuts-tee-martin-jay-graham-vols-phillip-fulmer-jeremy-pruitt/6271646002/
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 06:47:42 EST »

Yeah- that should go over well, especially given their performance this year.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 07:22:56 EST »

Some probably figure their a$$e$ are gone in a few months so they are milking it for all it's got.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 07:52:56 EST »

Some probably figure their a$$e$ are gone in a few months so they are milking it for all it's got.

Interesting that the two UT alums (and former players under CPF) are the only ones that took it.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 09:27:29 EST »

I hope there are no significant injuries from the door hitting them in the ass on the way out ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 10:20:46 EST »

No word on Pruitt....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 10:21:55 EST »

No word on Pruitt....
He has already deferred his raise for the year

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 10:57:24 EST »

Just nuke the whole damned program and start over, including the AD.  They just don't seem to get it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 11:18:37 EST »

So what is the verdict on Fulmer - asides from critiquing his Pruitt hire - how are people liking his running of the dept?  I imagine it has been a very challenging year for all big time college AD's.  It's good to hear that Phil led the way with a sizeable pay cut.  I get the feeling it is good to have someone like him at the helm right now in a crisis like this.  However, he is just a short term solution I guess. 

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2020, 03:45:12 EST »

So what is the verdict on Fulmer - asides from critiquing his Pruitt hire - how are people liking his running of the dept?  I imagine it has been a very challenging year for all big time college AD's.  It's good to hear that Phil led the way with a sizeable pay cut.  I get the feeling it is good to have someone like him at the helm right now in a crisis like this.  However, he is just a short term solution I guess.  

Word i hear is that he is not doing much at all. My inside the UTAD guy says he doesn't even have contact with Barnes, Harper, Vitello, and the coaches other than Poot. He has his lackeys do those tasks.

Bottom line: If Poot goes, Fulmer goes. They are tied at the hip.

The UT football program on a complete flustercuck right now with no legit hope for change in sight.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 08:53:39 EST by HerbTarlekVol » Logged

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 08:32:01 EST »

He has already deferred his raise for the year

Okay good. Very appropriate.

And Fulmer? Had best be leading by example.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 09:37:48 EST »

Poot Gump just deferred his $400,000 raise till next year....So he didn't really give up anything.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2020, 09:50:31 EST »

Poot Gump just deferred his $400,000 raise till next year....So he didn't really give up anything.

Yep.

And factor in the added couple of years on the extension and he still made himself an extra $7.4 million worse case.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2020, 07:54:44 EST »

Yeah, he gave up 400K.

I get that you are frustrated and hate his guts, but no need to twist the truth.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2020, 08:49:01 EST »

Yeah, he gave up 400K.

I get that you are frustrated and hate his guts, but no need to twist the truth.

Deferred to June 30th 2021.....Then he can get his 2021 $400,000 the remainder of the year unless he defers that.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2020, 01:00:02 EST »

Deferred to June 30th 2021.....Then he can get his 2021 $400,000 the remainder of the year unless he defers that.

Oh okay, so not giving it up actually.  Well then it's purely cosmetic.  He really should give it up after the last 3 games.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: