VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 11:39:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If Butch doesn't change some things recruiting will be affected  (Read 2055 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2015, 03:21:27 EDT »

Most recruits will looks at the season, not one game - but if this pattern of losing emerges, we will not have a goof 2016 class and then a promising 2017 class (especially in state) will disappear. Butch better get his head out of the sand and realize he has fizzleed up, man up, and fix the mistakes he is making. I am not sure he is intelligent or humble enough to be able to do that. If he doesn't, then 2016 will be his last season at UT.

He will need to salvage this season. We can still go 10-2 (not likely, but mathematically possible). However, it's doubtful we beat UGA or Bama, and suddenly games vs UK, Mizzou, Arkansas, and Vandy don't seem so easy any more. If he can go 9-4 with a bowl win, he can salvage recruiting and look towards 2016 as a statement year.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 04:03:42 EDT »

Most recruits will looks at the season, not one game - but if this pattern of losing emerges, we will not have a goof 2016 class and then a promising 2017 class (especially in state) will disappear. Butch better get his head out of the sand and realize he has fizzleed up, man up, and fix the mistakes he is making. I am not sure he is intelligent or humble enough to be able to do that. If he doesn't, then 2016 will be his last season at UT.

He will need to salvage this season. We can still go 10-2 (not likely, but mathematically possible). However, it's doubtful we beat UGA or Bama, and suddenly games vs UK, Mizzou, Arkansas, and Vandy don't seem so easy any more. If he can go 9-4 with a bowl win, he can salvage recruiting and look towards 2016 as a statement year.

Spot on

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 05:09:41 EDT »

I know 2 families of 2 highly rated recruits. In state recruits too. They both have told me they have issues right now with UT. One of the recruits and family will be on a visit for the UT-UGA game. They've already been to Clemson....Ole Miss....Bama.

The only things right now that keep recruiting from falling off is WINS!!! Period.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 05:49:55 EDT »

If I am a QB or WR instate being recruited by UT, I would have issues too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: