VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 10:45:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, it appears a consensus has been reach on a 4-team playoff.  (Read 2133 times)
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2012, 02:47:16 EDT »

At least, according to the below ESPN article.  I think this is a step in the right direction; keeping the bowl system alive and still having a playoff in place.  Though, for some reason, this doesn't sit too well with me.  Maybe it's because Delany is all for it, and I put him in the category of Bastard Sons of Bitches.  What y'all think?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8078786/bcs-commissioners-reach-consensus-four-team-college-football-playoff

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:54:10 EDT »

Sounds like the process is back to a popularity contest. Wonder how that will turn out?   
Quasi EVol
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 01:21:52 EDT »

Sounds like the process is back to a popularity contest. Wonder how that will turn out?   

Two decades ago, #1 popularity-contest-ranked teams played whipping boys for shoo-in national titles.
The BCS forced these #1 teams to play other top popularity-contest-ranked teams for the title.
Now the top 4 popularity-contest-ranked teams will have a shot at the title.
And I'll watch more than one or two bowl games the year it happens.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 03:26:31 EDT »

I can learn to like a 4-team playoff . . . and in a hurry. But I fear it has started us down a slippery slope that ultimately will change the college game as we know it — for the worse.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 02:27:38 EDT »

I really don't like the idea of a committee.  For all it's flaws, the BCS at least had a transparent result.  It did have bias from human voters, but there were two different groups of them and many voters in each group, so that at least spread the bias around.   And for all their flaws, the computer models followed mathematical formulas.

Now it's back to the "smoky room" selection process?   Bleah.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: