VTTW Board Index
May 22, 2024, 01:20:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report (Offense)  (Read 4711 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2015, 03:24:49 EDT »

OL:  Only one sack but difficulty running the ball (against a very good defense) and several breakdowns.  However, better than recent play.  The kids did well.  We ran effectively behind them.  UGA blitzed at them several times in the 2nd half and for the most part picked it up well.  I saw enough to believe our best OL lineup includes them going forward.

WRU:  For the seconds consecutive game the WRs stepped up.  The difference this week is they had the ball thrown to them.  We are limited in numbers, really only playing 4, wit hitch limited PT by #81.  Malone has stepped up his game and is starting to show the talent he had coming out of HS. Two big issues that need correcting going forward are too many drops and they really, really need to step up their blocking.  Breakdowns?  Biggest was allowing the Mike to blow up a run by Hurd that led to their TD..

RB:  This just in, Hurd is a beast!  "Only" 80 yards but he earned each and every one of them.  He also had a key blitz pickup in the 2nd half on a third down catch to the TE as well as several lead blocks for Dobbs.  Kamara was a bit of disappointment running but had some key catches including 2 TDs.

QB:  Dobbs is deservedly getting a lot of honors this morning.  He had an outstanding game, really his first game this year showing his athleticism.  However he still is NOT a good passing QB.  He left well over a hundred yards on the field with bad passing.  Even Smith's game changing TD was not that well thrown.  That being said he did what we wanted him to do last week and put the team on his back and carried/willed the team to victory.

Coaching:  after questioning play calling last week probably not near as much across the VOL nation this week.  The biggest difference is we looked down field this week.  Also, the next men up were prepared on the OL.  Still a couple of series left scratching one's head but how much of that is poor execution, probing, setting something up for later we don't know.  I do know we kept the foot on the throttle, even the last series, where just a good play by the UGA defense prevented the first down.  We ran 90 plays and that is taking the play clock down to 5 seconds on the last series.

Bottom line is a good, not great game by the offense and a lot of good film to work from during the open date. 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 03:53:18 EDT »

I'm glad they finally mostly benched 81 (who I assume is North).  Hope he heals up, but also very glad that Malone has at least started to emerge as the "go to" guy.  He was 5* in some recruiting services, so he should be talented enough.

Thank goodness there might finally be some stability at WR and/or leaders to replace Pig.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 04:38:25 EDT »

I was very impressed with Malone yesterday. Jennings, not so much. Too many drops.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 12:10:23 EDT »

The catch by Smith was outstanding.   For that matter,  good hands by Kamara on both TDs,  neither ball was in-stride perfect.

OL:  Only one sack but difficulty running the ball (against a very good defense) and several breakdowns.  However, better than recent play.  The kids did well.  We ran effectively behind them.  UGA blitzed at them several times in the 2nd half and for the most part picked it up well.  I saw enough to believe our best OL lineup includes them going forward.

WRU:  For the seconds consecutive game the WRs stepped up.  The difference this week is they had the ball thrown to them.  We are limited in numbers, really only playing 4, wit hitch limited PT by #81.  Malone has stepped up his game and is starting to show the talent he had coming out of HS. Two big issues that need correcting going forward are too many drops and they really, really need to step up their blocking.  Breakdowns?  Biggest was allowing the Mike to blow up a run by Hurd that led to their TD..

RB:  This just in, Hurd is a beast!  "Only" 80 yards but he earned each and every one of them.  He also had a key blitz pickup in the 2nd half on a third down catch to the TE as well as several lead blocks for Dobbs.  Kamara was a bit of disappointment running but had some key catches including 2 TDs.

QB:  Dobbs is deservedly getting a lot of honors this morning.  He had an outstanding game, really his first game this year showing his athleticism.  However he still is NOT a good passing QB.  He left well over a hundred yards on the field with bad passing.  Even Smith's game changing TD was not that well thrown.  That being said he did what we wanted him to do last week and put the team on his back and carried/willed the team to victory.

Coaching:  after questioning play calling last week probably not near as much across the VOL nation this week.  The biggest difference is we looked down field this week.  Also, the next men up were prepared on the OL.  Still a couple of series left scratching one's head but how much of that is poor execution, probing, setting something up for later we don't know.  I do know we kept the foot on the throttle, even the last series, where just a good play by the UGA defense prevented the first down.  We ran 90 plays and that is taking the play clock down to 5 seconds on the last series.

Bottom line is a good, not great game by the offense and a lot of good film to work from during the open date. 

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 03:52:27 EDT »

I'm glad they finally mostly benched 81 (who I assume is North).  Hope he heals up, but also very glad that Malone has at least started to emerge as the "go to" guy.  He was 5* in some recruiting services, so he should be talented enough.

Thank goodness there might finally be some stability at WR and/or leaders to replace Pig.

North wears 8. He is healing up - hopefully full go by Bama. 81 is Johnathan Johnson, who is a pretty reliable backup WR
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 03:59:51 EDT »

North wears 8. He is healing up - hopefully full go by Bama. 81 is Johnathan Johnson, who is a pretty reliable backup WR
Johnson has been hobbled by an ankle, runs great routes.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 05:37:21 EDT »

Never seen a team that has so many ankle injuries.....mainly WRs too.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 05:45:08 EDT »

Never seen a team that has so many ankle injuries.....mainly WRs too.

Would there be much trouble if they rubbed PED's on the WR's ankles only??   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2015, 06:15:04 EDT »

Would there be much trouble if they rubbed PED's on the WR's ankles only??   

What's wrong with the Ripley Tigers? They've been on hard times lately.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2015, 07:02:34 EDT »

What's wrong with the Ripley Tigers? They've been on hard times lately.

RIPLEY who?   It's terrible over here in the football world.  Check your PM
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 07:19:15 EDT »

RIPLEY who?   It's terrible over here in the football world.  Check your PM

I did...nothing there?

maybe you and me have been put on double secret probation 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: