VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 02:40:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kevin Stallings  (Read 4955 times)
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2016, 04:13:03 EDT »

Could he be headed to Pittsburgh?  That would make a lot of Vandy fans happy. 

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/713910433132969985

Go Army - Beat Navy!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 03:29:52 EDT »

Looks like it is going to happen, according to what is floating around this morning. 

Jabba The Hut will get exposed for the less than mediocre coach that he is in the ACC.  They play some pretty serious basketball there. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 03:35:52 EDT »

I know that financially, joining the ACC was a move they had to make.  But competitively, I think Pitt is going to be a bottom feeder in that league for many, many years.  In ALL major sports.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 04:19:20 EDT »

I know that financially, joining the ACC was a move they had to make.  But competitively, I think Pitt is going to be a bottom feeder in that league for many, many years.  In ALL major sports.

Yep.  I see it that way, as well.  

And add Boston College to that list. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 08:54:41 EDT »

Looks like it is going to happen, according to what is floating around this morning. 

Jabba The Hut will get exposed for the less than mediocre coach that he is in the ACC.  They play some pretty serious basketball there. 

He's been "floating around " the Commode-doors a long while.  It's about time they flush!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 10:41:50 EDT »

This is a tragic event for us and Pitt.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 11:01:11 EDT »

This is a tragic event for us and Pitt.

More tragic for us.  He won't last long at Pitt before they fire him, but he will forever no longer be the coach at Peabody. 

And I fear that Vandy will hire Will Wade, and he is an awesome young basketball coach. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 02:08:51 EDT »

I really hope they don't get Wade, but they will. :(

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2016, 02:54:49 EDT »

If Vandy gets Will Wade, shame on Tennessee.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 03:08:26 EDT »

One could argue that at this point VCU is a better job than is Vandy.  Just depends on what kind of money Vandy throws at him. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 03:28:41 EDT »

Regarding Wade, I'm still not ready to call him a proven commodity at this point.  He only has three seasons as a head coach.  He built a good roster at UTC, but never got them to the NCAAT, even though they were the SoCon favorites last year.  New coach Matt McCall took the same roster MINUS their best player Casey Jones (who got injured early on) and won the league's regular season and tournament titles.  Wade then inherited a talented, experienced roster at VCU and won with them.  I think Wade is going to be a good coach, but it's too early to say for sure at this point. 

But unless the money is out of this world, I don't think he'd leave VCU.  I know he's from Nashville, but he left UTC after two years, and would be leaving VCU after one.  You don't want to get a rep as a mercenary who will jump from job to job this early in your career.  And really, VCU is probably a better job right now anyway.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 04:17:13 EDT »

BDV makes good points, but here's what I think matters. Vandy will offer a five year deal at 2x his current salary. When you get a shot at a big contract, you take it.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 04:35:03 EDT »

BDV makes good points, but here's what I think matters. Vandy will offer a five year deal at 2x his current salary. When you get a shot at a big contract, you take it.

Not really sure what Stallings was making at Vandy since Vandy is a private school and exercises their right not to report salaries, but they aren't known to pay huge money to coaches. 

VCU paid Shaka Smart just under $1.7 million before he left, so they can raise Wade's salary if they want to keep him.  I think I saw that he is making in the $1.1 million range right now. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: