VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 04:54:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sphere- new concert venue in Vegas  (Read 592 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2023, 10:57:30 EDT »

just opened this weekend with U2. Check out this video. Pretty incredible. After seeing a show here, I don?t know if I could see one anywhere else.

https://youtu.be/sYIFyI27eUQ?si=bzecQnuO-GVi_Bwz

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 01:48:04 EDT »

I was skeptical, but that is most impressive.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 07:31:08 EDT »

I heard about that from one of the friends I went to the game with Saturday. I got the impression it had been there a while, but now I understand it's brand new.

I will likely try to go at some point, so long as it's not the cost of 3 house payments.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 08:01:20 EDT »

I heard about that from one of the friends I went to the game with Saturday. I got the impression it had been there a while, but now I understand it's brand new.

I will likely try to go at some point, so long as it's not the cost of 3 house payments.   

It?s been under construction forever (got delayed 2+ years during Covid). It was standing there unfinished when I went to LV in 2021.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 08:29:10 EDT »

I just checked Ticketmaster. They?re only selling the tickets with two night hotel packages (at the Venetian), and those start at $1065 per person. Which honestly, isn?t as bad as I expected. Still more than I?m willing to spend though, especially since Bono has clearly lost about 15 mph off his fastball.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 09:08:15 EDT »

It?s been under construction forever (got delayed 2+ years during Covid). It was standing there unfinished when I went to LV in 2021.

I saw it like that as well.  It looked pretty impressive even then
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 11:22:30 EDT by Coupe De VOL » Logged

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 10:38:25 EDT »

I just checked Ticketmaster. They?re only selling the tickets with two night hotel packages (at the Venetian), and those start at $1065 per person. Which honestly, isn?t as bad as I expected. Still more than I?m willing to spend though, especially since Bono has clearly lost about 15 mph off his fastball.

I saw them in Philly during the Joshua Tree tour, it was hands down the best live performance I've ever seen. This clip??? Yikes! That's crap

Excellent venue however

11B4PJ3F7
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 11:24:23 EDT »

I saw them in Philly during the Joshua Tree tour, it was hands down the best live performance I've ever seen. This clip??? Yikes! That's crap

Excellent venue however

I saw them in Philly for the Unforgettable Fire Tour.  Dang that was freaking amazing.  I still have that concert tee somewhere....

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2023, 04:21:43 EDT »

I saw them in Philly for the Unforgettable Fire Tour.  Dang that was freaking amazing.  I still have that concert tee somewhere....

The Unforgettable Fire album has proven to be their best music IMO

11B4PJ3F7
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2023, 04:57:55 EDT »

Cool!

Now show me KISS. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2023, 10:17:47 EDT »

I saw them in Atlanta in 1991 during the Zooropa tour...that was their last great album, coming at a time when everyone thought they were finished.  That had to wait till the next album 

It was a great concert, one of the best I have been to.  I did have to listen to some of the people standing nearby say they were their for the opening act (The Pixies) and not U2. I still haven't stopped laughing at that one. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: