VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 02:44:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Think we can have a new "Doug's Rug" installed by the comodedoor game?  (Read 4666 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2015, 07:53:16 EST »

Embarrassing

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 07:59:22 EST »

If not, that game may be scoreless going into the 8th OT.  This turf is just getting exponentially worse with each passing week.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 08:15:12 EST »

I know you were joking, but this game doesn't exactly have me riveted, so I decided to look it up anyway.  According to this company, a full install will take several weeks.  So no, we couldn't get it done in time for Vandy.  Maybe we could move that game to Maryville High or something.

http://www.fieldturf.com/en/artificial-turf/construction-and-installation

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 10:17:15 EST »

Grounds crew should be fired....but I'm sure in good UT fashion they will get a raise and extension.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 10:34:10 EST »

I'm not going to pick on the grounds crew, because I'm totally ignorant when it comes to their job.  Maybe there are some extenuating circumstances or something, or maybe they're just that incompetent- I don't know.  I do know that up until 3-4 years ago, we had the best natural grass field east of the Rose Bowl.  I don't know what's happened since then- but if they can't do any better than what we've seen the past two weeks, then something needs to change.  The crew, the field, or both.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 10:39:23 EST »

And I know cost is an issue, but which is more cost-effective- an artificial surface that has to be replaced once every 10 years, or a natural surface that has to be replaced every season or two?  I'm asking, I don't know.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 10:58:11 EST »

LOL- someone asked Butch about the field, and he gave his usual boilerplate coachspeak answer: "It's a problem, but I'm just worried about getting my team ready, etc., etc., etc."  And now Rucker is on twitter accusing Butch of "sidestepping the issue".  As if the condition of the field is his fault.

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 12:56:32 EST »

First I noticed the condition of the field. Surprising. It has always been immaculate. I can't imagine what has happened.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 01:09:57 EST »

We talked about this last year when it was also bad. The ground keeper was a guy named campbell who also taught at Doyle HS when I was there in the 80s.

Per HTK Campbell retired last  year and the field has not been the same since.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: