VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 11:23:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FWIW on the Jerry Punch report on Hyams' show...  (Read 3603 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 28, 2012, 07:04:52 EST »

...that Hart has already settled on a candidate and will make it public very soon. I know Dr. Punch's mother-in-law well and she says that Jerry does not think it will be Gruden. TIFWIW.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:09:28 EST »

...that Hart has already settled on a candidate and will make it public very soon. I know Dr. Punch's mother-in-law well and she says that Jerry does not think it will be Gruden. TIFWIW.
She is obviously a doddering old lady who is not in her right mind.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 07:12:03 EST »

There's no reason, IMO, to suspect that Punch has any inside info one way or another . . . on the "already has his man" thing or the "not Gruden" thing.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 07:17:17 EST »

There's no reason, IMO, to suspect that Punch has any inside info one way or another . . . on the "already has his man" thing or the "not Gruden" thing.

The main reason I put that out there is for the people who took what Dr. Punch said on the Animal as proof that it's gonna be Gruden. But I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he has the scoop. From past conversations I have had with him, I believe him to be very well connected at UT.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 07:21:35 EST »

The main reason I put that out there is for the people who took what Dr. Punch said on the Animal as proof that it's gonna be Gruden. But I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he has the scoop. From past conversations I have had with him, I believe him to be very well connected at UT.

The longer this goes on and the more I hear from people who have previously had connections inside the UTAD the more I think nobody in the media has connections on this search or with this AD. I respect Punch so it's not about that . . . i just think he was sharing speculation on the Animal and not information.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 07:26:46 EST »

My guess is Gruden and Punch know each other casually so if Gruden was looking at potentially moving to Knoxville he would ask Punch a few things. Questions don't mean anything definite, but I'd guess the two have talked.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 07:42:13 EST »

The longer this goes on and the more I hear from people who have previously had connections inside the UTAD the more I think nobody in the media has connections on this search or with this AD. I respect Punch so it's not about that . . . i just think he was sharing speculation on the Animal and not information.

That may very well be. If Punch was speaking with any real knowledge, it wasn't based on anything from within the UTAD because Hart appears to have totally clamped down on everything. It isn't often that the AD is successful in completely shutting it down. Hamilton was a master at deceiving the local press but his AD still leaked like a sieve. Hart, on the other hand, appears to be controlling the message from inside and out. It's one thing to control those whose paychecks are signed by you, and another to convince everyone else to keep their mouths shut, too. Even the VP of the BOT will only smile and refuse to answer one way or the other about Gruden. Of course, if Hart is half the hardass that he is made out to be, it's possible that the trustees are out of the loop too.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 08:32:58 EST »

You would think someone would spill the beans, real estate agents, utility company, tailors (specially if we go with any orange shirts or pants. ), people at refueling terminals, but either the candidate is wearing a disguise or nobody knows who he is.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 11:46:14 EST »

You would think someone would spill the beans, real estate agents, utility company, tailors (specially if we go with any orange shirts or pants. ), people at refueling terminals, but either the candidate is wearing a disguise or nobody knows who he is.

Believe it or not, but sometimes that is how the beans are spilled.  When Shula was hired at Bama, a poster on BamaOnLine posted he knew for a fact Shula would be the coach. After the announcement, he told how he knew. They had already picked out their residence and his wife called his company-cable- to set up an appointment tor installation. True!

Also Iris, our mutual friend Biz was the lone poster for a long time saying he knew Saban would be the coach,even after all the denials from him and the national press.  Later he told me how he knew, and it was someone very well connected with the University (understatement) who was good friends with his family.

BG

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 11:47:05 EST »

Let's hear it for the "Little People"!!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 01:34:42 EST »

I hope We hear something soon!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: