VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 09:04:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gators are soft and we're bad matchup physically for them  (Read 1801 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:34:16 EST »

Billy D's been focusing too much on three pt shooters and not enough on physical defense

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:42:31 EST »

And Donovan isn't the first coach this year to look at our garish turnover numbers and assume he can get the best of us with full court pressure.  Most of our turnovers this year have come as a result of stupid mistakes and poor ballhandling in the halfcourt- we've actually handled the press pretty well.  It gave us no problems whatsoever today, and even led to some easy baskets on the other end.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:43:56 EST »

And Donovan isn't the first coach this year to look at our garish turnover numbers and assume he can get the best of us with full court pressure.  Most of our turnovers this year have come as a result of stupid mistakes and poor ballhandling in the halfcourt- we've actually handled the press pretty well.  It gave us no problems whatsoever today, and even led to some easy baskets on the other end.

Tatum playing less = less turnovers.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:56:57 EST »

Tatum playing less = less turnovers.

If I were coaching against UT, I'd never press.  I'd just pack it in with a 2-3 and wait for them to turn it over.  Our shooters are only effective a. in trasition, and b. when our bigs kick it out.  You get back on D and deny the ball on the interior, and we have no offensive options other than Golden, who can occasionally create with the ball in his hands- but not enough to beat you all by himself.  It seems obvious to me, and yet all these millionaire coaches keep pressing us.  Fine by me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:00:01 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: