VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 04:20:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Offer Peterson the same contract....  (Read 1983 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2017, 03:37:27 EST »

make him say NO.

I'm wondering if Currie is a problem.  He could be seen as a dead man walking at UT after yesterday.  No idea if that's accurate, but its at least possible.

Could be just the current state of the whole program is such a mess that nobody wants to risk it.

Could be a curse.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 03:45:55 EST »

make him say NO.

I'm wondering if Currie is a problem.  He could be seen as a dead man walking at UT after yesterday.  No idea if that's accurate, but its at least possible.

Could be just the current state of the whole program is such a mess that nobody wants to risk it.

Could be a curse.

I would guess that Currie's presence is very problematic.  From the way it sounds, it was Peyton and not Currie who pitched Gundy.

Currie will stick around until Haslam deems him disposable, but everyone knows he's just an empty suit at this point.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 03:46:42 EST »

Peterson, Leach, Petrino (speaking for myself here, know everyone doesn't agree), Kiffin (again, me) in that order.  If all no, Tee.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 03:49:28 EST »

I'm good with that order.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 03:52:41 EST »

Peterson, Leach, Petrino (speaking for myself here, know everyone doesn't agree), Kiffin (again, me) in that order.  If all no, Tee.

I can't see any way Peterson comes after Sunday's debacle.  Sad thing is, we probably had a real chance with him pre-Schiano.

As for Leach, I love the guy.  Probably the best "character" currently in CFB.  But I just don't see him succeeding in a big way at UT.  

Petrino and Kiffin...uh, no.

As for Tee, I read today that he and Peyton have never gotten along.  Not sure if true, but that could explain why he's not getting more traction.  It seems like Peyton is involved in this search in a big way, especially since Sunday.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 04:51:54 EST »

I can't see any way Peterson comes after Sunday's debacle.  Sad thing is, we probably had a real chance with him pre-Schiano.

As for Leach, I love the guy.  Probably the best "character" currently in CFB.  But I just don't see him succeeding in a big way at UT.  

Petrino and Kiffin...uh, no.

As for Tee, I read today that he and Peyton have never gotten along.  Not sure if true, but that could explain why he's not getting more traction.  It seems like Peyton is involved in this search in a big way, especially since Sunday.

Well I'm glad Peyton is involved.  I haven't seen any substance to the rumors about Peyton not liking Tee.  Sounds like more message board rumors.   

Peterson won't come for any amount.  This has been well established in our last two coaching searches and by other schools that have sought him in the East. 

Although I am not positive this is the main reason, I read years ago that his son receives specialized treatment at a cancer clinic somewhere in the Northwest.  His son is much older now, so that might no longer be a factor or as much of a factor, but that was at one point cited as the main reason why he would never leave that region.

I will be very surprised if Petersen even shows interest.  I don't even think he will use us for leverage, as he is also said to not be as motivated by money as most.  Which makes me want him even more.

I am on record as saying he topped my list in both 2010 and 2013.  I guess that makes him "my Gruden" but at least he is in college coaching.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: