VTTW Board Index
May 29, 2024, 01:37:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pastner wants to end the UT/Memphis BB series.....  (Read 2509 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2012, 03:12:05 EST »

I agree with one of the GVX posters. End the series in BB and FB. Then schedule an out of conference opponent in BB for a game in Memphis each year. Let Memphis rake in the "big bucks" in FB with their Big East buddies.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 03:23:45 EST »

I agree with one of the GVX posters. End the series in BB and FB. Then schedule an out of conference opponent in BB for a game in Memphis each year. Let Memphis rake in the "big bucks" in FB with their Big East buddies.

Yep.  I don't know why we play them regularly in FB anyway.   Would we play regular road games at any other OOC program at that level?  I don't see us playing games AT Louisiana-Monroe or Troy State, so why do we play at tiger high?  Because we "need" the basketball series?  Don't make me laugh.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 04:46:38 EST »

Yep.  We don't need them in football, except maybe for recruiting the Memphis area.  It might be worth it for that, but nothing else.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:24:37 EST »

Yep.  We don't need them in football, except maybe for recruiting the Memphis area.  It might be worth it for that, but nothing else.

If we want to play there for recruiting, it doesn't have to be against tiger high.  There's no reason we can't play a "home" game there every few years.  Maybe vs. Arky or the MS schools.  We used to play Ole Miss there all the time.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 07:44:24 EST »

The problem is that none of the SEC schools want to give up a home game to move it to Memphis anymore and it's not worth it for us to do it.

We should do what we did to Wyoming in '02 and buy out a cream puff and move it to the Liberty Bowl. Although Memphis is September is not the ideal place to play football.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 11:05:08 EST »

For the West TN fanbase, you could have UT play UTMartin in Memphis and the same number of fans would show up for that game as it would for Tiger High at the Liberty Bowl.  For a basketball game, any game is a good game in Memphis.  Especially when Memphis is not the opponent. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: