VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 04:57:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Experience  (Read 1217 times)
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2021, 01:03:09 EDT »

I thought the game experience was great.  Much improved over the last several times I had been.  We heard the band more.  Did not feel like I was constantly being bombarded with commercials on the Jumbotron.  Thought the DJ dude was great.  The light effects at night were great.

Wherever you go, there you are.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 01:08:50 EDT »

I thought the game experience was great.  Much improved over the last several times I had been.  We heard the band more.  Did not feel like I was constantly being bombarded with commercials on the Jumbotron.  Thought the DJ dude was great.  The light effects at night were great.
The DJ is Sterl the Pearl, AKA Sterling Hinton, former UT QB

He was persona non grata during cornbread's tenure here
His leading cheers was new for this game
Used to have a cheerleader, pretty lame and an extremely poor copy of UF

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 01:48:04 EDT »

This is positive news.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 03:28:01 EDT »

I still get chills thinking about pregame. That was freakin' amazing. I've always thought Tennessee has the best pregame in college football (of course I'm biased, and of course every fan thinks that about their school, but most other SEC teams can't come close) but the new lights just absolutely juiced things up. The dusk flyover with the afterburners just perfected things.

Unfortunately, the rest of our experience wasn't that great...and I'm not even talking about the ignorant people throwing stuff at the end. I'm talking about the constant F-bombs, fans all around screaming obscenities, winding up smelling like beer when you leave because some jackal dumped his on you, etc. I left last night saying I'm done...at least for a while. I think it's primarily because we're sitting in the wrong spots, because my friends who have tickets in the lower bowl aren't experiencing the same issues. Obviously some would say it's because it was a night game, which certainly doesn't help things. But I've been to a night game vs. Ole Miss in Section PP, and a noon game vs. Pitt in Section BB, and the experience has been the same this season...surrounded by obnoxious jackasses. My twins have gone with me to UT games since they were 4. My youngest is 4 now, and there's no way in heck I would take him to a game. What's happened? Part of it, I suspect, is just people in general becoming much more rude at an alarming pace. I also blame beer sales in Neyland.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 02:51:55 EDT »

It sucks you didn't have a great experience. I haven't been in a while so I'll take your word for it. The pregame stuff has always been and always will be a highlight. Can't help it there are jackasses everywhere.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 03:20:09 EDT »

Unfortunately, the rest of our experience wasn't that great...and I'm not even talking about the ignorant people throwing stuff at the end. I'm talking about the constant F-bombs, fans all around screaming obscenities, winding up smelling like beer when you leave because some jackal dumped his on you, etc. I left last night saying I'm done...at least for a while. I think it's primarily because we're sitting in the wrong spots, because my friends who have tickets in the lower bowl aren't experiencing the same issues. Obviously some would say it's because it was a night game, which certainly doesn't help things. But I've been to a night game vs. Ole Miss in Section PP, and a noon game vs. Pitt in Section BB, and the experience has been the same this season...surrounded by obnoxious jackasses. My twins have gone with me to UT games since they were 4. My youngest is 4 now, and there's no way in heck I would take him to a game. What's happened? Part of it, I suspect, is just people in general becoming much more rude at an alarming pace. I also blame beer sales in Neyland.
Sadly, disgusting behavior is more prevalent in society today than I’ve ever seen it in my 62 years. Inappropriate language is probably the most common behavior but a lot of people today seem to think that anything that they want to do is ok. I ski and lift lines over the past 10 years have become unbelievable: F-bombs and worse are everyday talk to so many people, regardless of how many ladies and children are present.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 03:36:50 EDT »

Sadly, disgusting behavior is more prevalent in society today than I’ve ever seen it in my 62 years. Inappropriate language is probably the most common behavior but a lot of people today seem to think that anything that they want to do is ok. I ski and lift lines over the past 10 years have become unbelievable: F-bombs and worse are everyday talk to so many people, regardless of how many ladies and children are present.

I saw a photo someone posted on Twitter of his 10-year-old daughter flipping the bird at Ole Miss players during the game. He talked about how proud he was of her for venting her frustrations. 10 years old!! I would be mortified if one of my 15-year-olds who were at the game was flipping someone the bird...let alone at age 10. And this dude is posting photos on Twitter and talking about how proud he is.

The days we live in...
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 03:41:10 EDT »

I saw a photo someone posted on Twitter of his 10-year-old daughter flipping the bird at Ole Miss players during the game. He talked about how proud he was of her for venting her frustrations. 10 years old!! I would be mortified if one of my 15-year-olds who were at the game was flipping someone the bird...let alone at age 10. And this dude is posting photos on Twitter and talking about how proud he is.

The days we live in...
saw that and was wondering what kind of moron thinks that was “cool”?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 03:43:38 EDT »

Yes. I saw that also. I was amazed that a parent would feel that way.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 08:25:02 EDT »

It is indeed sad. That's our current society for you. It is everywhere.

volsboyinsodak
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2021, 10:10:30 EDT »

I'm not a Barstool guy, but saw some of their pregame from Knoxville. It was incredibly profane. When people are crass outside the stadium they'll be crass inside.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: