VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 01:48:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just watching a few games this am. Looks like most teams are taking a knee  (Read 2443 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2020, 06:23:05 EDT »

before the game starts. Watching UF and Ole Miss. Lot's of boo's heard when they did this. I am sick of this crap. I hope they boo them off the field when they do this. Even the Vols. Seems once all the facts are in from these police shootings, most of the individuals who have problems with the police were involved in criminal activities are are not truly innocent victims. Including Breonna Taylor. 

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 06:44:50 EDT »

Since when are college teams on the field for the national anthem? Must be a new COVID thing. Huge mistake, because it just allows stupid politics to infiltrate the game.
droner
Admins
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 06:52:03 EDT »

I'm sending this to PolitiVol.

I have left the other political threads up because war didn't break out among the posters. But it will eventually.

And quite frankly I'm tired of it. It's all over the news, Facebook (the Devil), the Twit and every news website. I think most people would appreciate at least one place where they could get away from it.

No offense to anyone. But if this is what you want to talk about, we have a place for it.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 06:58:23 EDT »

Since when are college teams on the field for the national anthem? Must be a new COVID thing. Huge mistake, because it just allows stupid politics to infiltrate the game.
They took a knee before kickoff. Don't know about during the anthem. anthem.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 07:01:44 EDT »

I have left the other political threads up because war didn't break out among the posters. But it will eventually.

And quite frankly I'm tired of it. It's all over the news, Facebook (the Devil), the Twit and every news website. I think most people would appreciate at least one place where they could get away from it.

No offense to anyone. But if this is what you want to talk about, we have a place for it.
So are you okay with it or not okay with kneeling? Never really heard your views. I get sick of being called racist because a cop shoots a black person. Then, when all the facts are in it seems the victims aren't so squeaky clean.

volsboyinsodak
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 07:21:43 EDT »

I think not kneeling during the anthem is a huge improvement.  If the players feel that the need is there to warrant an expression - so be it. 

But I don't agree with their sentiments.  These kind of police killings are going down, not up, and there is no real evidence out there that they are racially motivated in a systemic way, IMO.  Even the numbers bear out that white's are just as likely to die during these kind of arrests than blacks.  The rub is that blacks have many more of these types of interactions with cops than whites do.  I don't think people really want to know the truth of the matter, they just follow like lemmings the insanely sensationalized news stories fed to them by a zealous news media. 

droner
Admins
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 08:49:12 EDT »

So are you okay with it or not okay with kneeling? Never really heard your views. I get sick of being called racist because a cop shoots a black person. Then, when all the facts are in it seems the victims aren't so squeaky clean.

I don't express my political views here because this isn't a political board for me. But I'll say this. If you put an police officer's life in jeopardy then you get what you deserve. But if a suspect is subdued, lying on the ground with his hands handcuffed behind his back, I don't think it's necessary for a police officer to put his knee on the suspect's neck and apply pressure until the suspect dies.

In the absence of resisting arrest to the point of endangering the officer's life, no one should die because they are arrested.

As for kneeling, it doesn't bother me. Protest can be ugly and it can piss off people. It's supposed to. This country was built on protest. Those Boston Tea Party participants weren't making tea. We have a lot more problems in this country than people kneeling in protest. You protest where you can be seen. That's the point.

And that's my last political post on this board.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 11:19:41 EDT by droner » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 10:06:02 EDT »

Thanks!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 01:07:10 EDT »

If it's not during the anthem, who cares.  Let them express themselves. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 04:52:08 EDT »

I don't like to see players take a knee during the anthem. It's just my personal viewpoint - they have that right but I see it as disrespectful.

These players are not kneeling during the anthem and so it is of no consequence to me. They have a right to express themselves just as message board posters have a right to express disgust about it.

You always have the option to stop watching if it offends you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: