VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 12:13:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You ever watch a movie that you loved as a kid years later...  (Read 12282 times)
Creek Walker
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 12:48:13 EST »

Being perfect, I mean. Is it difficult?

I mean, you're never wrong . . . even less often than me, and I'm almost never wrong. And while the rest of us were sitting around in our FOTLs thinking that Chunk and One-Eyed Willie were the best things to ever come across our TV screen, you already knew that it sucked. All I can figure is you must be perfect. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 01:22:35 EST »

Being perfect, I mean. Is it difficult?

I mean, you're never wrong . . . even less often than me, and I'm almost never wrong. And while the rest of us were sitting around in our FOTLs thinking that Chunk and One-Eyed Willie were the best things to ever come across our TV screen, you already knew that it sucked. All I can figure is you must be perfect.  

I didn't see it at the theater but on cable near the end of college is why I wasnt that impressed.  I forgot that until I thought about it.

When I saw it I thought it was okay for a kiddie movie but not as good as everyone said when it came out.

But the thing I was disappointed by as an adult was Three's Company. When i was 10 there was nothing funnier but as an adult the humor was incredibly obvious and lame. 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:23:14 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 05:10:49 EST »

I liked the Movie "Flash Gordon" from 1980 and somehow still like it
who are you?
Flash Gordon, QB NY Jets

Many an adult beverage consumed watching that at NAS Keflavik

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 06:00:18 EST »

Well, I was a dad when Goonies came out and took my baby girl to see it. She loved it! (34 now) Don't know that I've seen it since. But, I did watch the last half of Lost Boys a couple of weeks ago on TV. I did still enjoy that.

Don't even talk to me about The Wizard of OZ! A classic; first color feature movie released, ever - 1939. First full-length color that came out after the Wizard, same year, Gone With the Wind. I'll take the Wizard over the Wind; but, I'm a guy. And Ashley was a wuss.

G
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 08:14:32 EST »

Not a movie, but when I was about 13 or so Welcome Back Kotter came out and it was the cool show everybody talked about at school. I ran across it a couple of years ago on TV somewhere (probably TVLand) and thought,"Geeze, this is so effing stupid."
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 10:37:54 EST »

Well, I was a dad when Goonies came out and took my baby girl to see it. She loved it! (34 now) Don't know that I've seen it since. But, I did watch the last half of Lost Boys a couple of weeks ago on TV. I did still enjoy that.

Don't even talk to me about The Wizard of OZ! A classic; first color feature movie released, ever - 1939. First full-length color that came out after the Wizard, same year, Gone With the Wind. I'll take the Wizard over the Wind; but, I'm a guy. And Ashley was a wuss.

G

You take that back! Ashley was no wuss - he survived a Civil War prison camp.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 01:33:03 EST »

Not a movie, but when I was about 13 or so Welcome Back Kotter came out and it was the cool show everybody talked about at school. I ran across it a couple of years ago on TV somewhere (probably TVLand) and thought,"Geeze, this is so effing stupid."

Love that show. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: