VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 06:44:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flatbed Cigar Company  (Read 6018 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2011, 03:58:50 EDT »

Anyone have any experience with the Panacea line that this company produces? I stumbled upon them today and am looking forward to trying their wares.

I have ordered some Red 760's, the "Peacemaker", to try. The tobacco is grown in PA (the red line is from Cuban seed) and sent to the Dom Rep for blending, rolling, etc.

GreggO....heads up, you'll be receiving a couple of sticks soon. I promise.... I guess the Peacemaker is a good name for the cigar I need to send you.

http://www.flatbedcigarcompany.com/
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:01:04 EDT »

Will you be sending the sticks you owe me, too?
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 04:18:25 EDT »

Will you be sending the sticks you owe me, too?

I'll send you everything I owe you....JACK SQUAT!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 04:27:45 EDT »

I see.  :-c
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 05:35:05 EDT »

Anyone have any experience with the Panacea line that this company produces? I stumbled upon them today and am looking forward to trying their wares.

I have ordered some Red 760's, the "Peacemaker", to try. The tobacco is grown in PA (the red line is from Cuban seed) and sent to the Dom Rep for blending, rolling, etc.

GreggO....heads up, you'll be receiving a couple of sticks soon. I promise.... I guess the Peacemaker is a good name for the cigar I need to send you.

http://www.flatbedcigarcompany.com/

Ahhhhhh, looking forward to that, my friend. This evening I will be enjoying a Rocky Patel "Edge", Double Corona (7 1/2 x 52). That sucker will give me 3 hours of pleasure without any clean-up what-so-ever!

G
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 07:10:51 EDT »

I have not but will be interested to hear your review...I've got a box of H. Upman's I'm working on at the moment.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 04:58:02 EDT »

Here's the next event notice from Mike at Smokin' Joe's. (Don't know why I called him Frank earlier, other than he looks like my cousin Frank ?  ) See below:

Hi, I hope everyone had a great 4th.

Our next cigar event will be one you don’t want to miss!

Please join us for our next cigar event. It will be the first ever Arturo Fuente event in

Knoxville and we will be hosting Cynthia Fuente, the granddaughter of Arturo.

It will be on July 28th , 4 till 8PM, at our Alcoa location.

We will be receiving  rare sizes of Opus x not seen in Knoxville for many years, as well

as sun grown sizes that are usually only shipped once a year, such as 858 and Hemingway.

The deals will be:  buy a box, get 10% off regular price, plus 5 free cigars and Cynthia will

also Sign the box.  Buy 2 boxes, get 15% off the second box plus another 7 free cigars and

a Fuente  hat or T shirt. Buy 3 boxes, get 20% off the third box plus another 9 free cigars!!

Single sticks will be buy 3 get one cigar free!

For box purchases,  we will also have a photo printer so we can print your pic with Cynthia

and she will also sign that.  

Green Meadow will be holding a liquor tasting that I hear may include an 18 year old scotch.

If there is a box of any regular Fuente or Montesino item you would like a box of, please

send respond back so I can include in our order.

Happy Smokin and hope to see all here.  Attached is a photo of Cynthia.

Mike

I talked to Mike's son Cody today who told me that there will be 2 boxes (32ea) of OpusX Perfection A's (9 1/4 x 47) selling singles for $30!!! Told that's 25% off. Joe's sells a box (when, rarely when, they can get 'em for over $930/box compared to over $1200/box elsewhere.

I gotta get at least two, if I can! There may be a limit. Gotta get there early; cigars, free Scotch! See 'ya there, boys!

G

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 05:00:25 EDT by GreggO » Logged
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 02:58:10 EDT »

Just finished the first third of one of the Red 760 Peacemakers I got in. This is a 7", 60 ring cigar. It has a couple of larger veins, but they are not of any concern. The ash is tight and even...draw is just about perfect. The strength is listed as strong and the body as full...but I'm not experiencing that yet. Good flavor that is consistent with the official description. So far, it is a very good smoke.

Greggo: heads up...coming your way.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:15 EDT »

Just finished the first third of one of the Red 760 Peacemakers I got in. This is a 7", 60 ring cigar. It has a couple of larger veins, but they are not of any concern. The ash is tight and even...draw is just about perfect. The strength is listed as strong and the body as full...but I'm not experiencing that yet. Good flavor that is consistent with the official description. So far, it is a very good smoke.

Greggo: heads up...coming your way.

I don't know why there's a "line-through" the text below, but GreggO ain't gonna try and fix it. G

WOW!!!! I can't wait!

Tonight I smoked a Romeo y Julieta 1875 (7x50) and I was disappointed! Now, these are the same folks who produce the Monticristo and I had my first RyJ (in a very long time) as a gift from their rep at one of smokin' joe's events and I really enjoyed that stick; it was tubed, but I didn't write down anything about it.

Normally, I would have not picked up an RyJ as I had never had a good, enjoyable smoke with one other than the gift smoke; I did so this time while in the shop to get a couple of more RP Edges, an Ashton, and some short Oliva G series for my afternoon sticks (been hooked on Cargo(s), a Rocky Patel product for $4.59/ea these days) and I've liked the Olivia O's as a good $5/afternoon cigar. But this Romeo was bad! First of all, when I pulled it out of the wrapper I noticed it was much softer towards the foot and very progressively stiff as you squeezed toward the head. And then the light: it was a strong draw! You really had to pull to keep the cigar up to temp to keep it lit. Hitting that hard draw initially created a very bitter, biting smoke that wasn't enjoyable. After rolling the upper half between my fingiers the upper half of the cigar began to allow a smoother draw with silky tobacco, cinnamin, and exprsso flavors..............but it didn't last long. The middle third of the cigar was completely enjoyable; but then it went out! And, the wrapper was cracking and had it not been for the band it would have cracked all the way to the shoulder, I'm sure. I didn't dare re-light it (I won't re-light a cigar if it snuffs within 3 minutes on it's own; more below on this subject). The sucker sits there in the ashtray, 1/3 unsmoked and I feel ripped!

Interesting info who are beginning to explore cigars:

The most important thing one can do to have an adequate measure of what cigars they enjoy is to personally make sure your cigars are properly humidified: right at 71-72%! First of all, cigars are manufactured to be smoked at this humidified level and there are plenty of hygrometers that work well and solution (Propylene Glycol) supplies to make it so. This whole process of making sure your sticks are in the condition they are meant to be smoked at is quite simple, inexpensive and puts all smokes on a level starting point as to guage what YOU truly enjoy. (I recommend Xicar products; I have their lighter, butane, cutter, humidor and hygrometer (solution, too) - about $80 initial investment, but when the cigars you buy are $8 & up for the good ones....; everything I smoke begins on an even playing field with what I have smoked and what I will smoke in the future. There are no other variables and I prefer to have a cigar in my humidor for at least a week. So, yes you have to plan ahead but that is 60% of the fun of cigars!!!.

I have found no better way to judge cigars than to properly store them before you smoke them and so I will admit I bought the RyJ today and smoked it today. However, I had already given the cigar that slack and it still didn't get me there. Another freebie? Yes, I'll smoke it, but it's just not my brand and I really love their Monticristo right after a light dinner with it's smooth, silky and sweet smoke. Monticristos are like a desert in and of themselves; better served with a dry martini than a Guiness (Edge Maduro).

You got me started, Stogie.......... Can't wait for sticks, buddy!

G
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:49:35 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: