VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:59:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.  (Read 4606 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2011, 03:33:58 EDT »

So long, Friday Night Lights.  Another great tv show bites the dust.  There are not many left these days.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:43:25 EDT »

I have never watched it, but I caught part of a show the other night where the coach was trying to pump up the backup QB.  I thought it was a tad melodramatic, to say the least.  You would think the kid's mother was dying of cancer and the only way he could save her was to play well.   Or that the coaches very life depended on motivating the kid.   

But to be fair, that was just one small part.  I am sure its a good show otherwise.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:08:52 EDT »

I have never watched it, but I caught part of a show the other night where the coach was trying to pump up the backup QB.  I thought it was a tad melodramatic, to say the least.  You would think the kid's mother was dying of cancer and the only way he could save her was to play well.   Or that the coaches very life depended on motivating the kid.   

But to be fair, that was just one small part.  I am sure its a good show otherwise.

Honestly, it is one of th top five shows of all time for me.  I am very sad to see it go.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 06:28:28 EDT »

I haven't watched a current TV show in years...

Actually I take that back. I got hooked on AMC's The Walking Dead last year and will watch season two when it airs later this year.

Anyway, I kept meaning to watch FNL but just never did. I must live under a rock, because I didn't even realize the show was ending. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 01:56:02 EDT »

Anyway, I kept meaning to watch FNL but just never did. I must live under a rock, because I didn't even realize the show was ending. 

Same here.  Never watched a single episode.
VOLveeta
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 03:34:10 EDT »

One of my favorite shows of all time.  I was so sad to see it end.
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 04:27:22 EDT »

Actually watched the movie last night still gets me because im only a few years removed from my HS football career. Nothing like it in the world love the Perfect speech at Halftime.

GO VOLS! 
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 12:33:52 EDT »

I just finished watching the whole series of Farscape.  Netflix has the whole series and its great to watch back to back.  It took about 6 weeks to catch the whole thing.  I had forgotten what a good series that was.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 03:04:35 EDT »

I just finished watching all seasons of Too Close for Comfort....wished it would come out on bluray. That Jim J. Bullock is a hoot!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: