VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 06:56:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Texas Longhorn network is going to broadcast HS football games....  (Read 2829 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2011, 05:43:17 EDT »

Maybe some out of state games. Surely the NCAA will not let this happen. I can just imagine influencing a recruit by coming to his high school and broadcasting the game.

And we got in trouble for hostesses holding up cardboard signs?
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 05:52:25 EDT »

If there's any fairness in the NCAA's world, that won't happen.

Big "if," unfortunately.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 05:30:35 EDT »

If that is ruled legal...

My guess is the top 10 recruits' games somehow get televised every year.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
101stDad
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 05:35:26 EDT »

It depends on how "involved" the NCAA sees Texas with management/ownership of the network and who is making the decisions on what games are broadcast.  If it is an ESPN owned/managed station, then it will be difficult to tie little ut to what high school games are broadcast.

And, yes, I know - it is a shady thing and a definite gray area, but I would question whether the NCAA can tell a network what games they can and can't broadcast.  Outside of the BCS agreement, the NCAA allows the individual conferences and schools to negotiate their own TV deals.  I'm not sure if or how the NCAA can limit what high school games an ESPN station chooses to broadcast. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: