VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:02:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For those who aren't listening in...  (Read 3435 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: July 20, 2011, 07:50:46 EDT »

Slive is proposing sweeping recruiting reform for the SEC. Is he going to be the resurrector of ethics in college football or is he hurrying himself along on the road to irrelevancy?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:00:46 EDT »

I'm not listening but I was following it on Twitter. And I finally unfollowed Rucker just now, just one day behind Vinnie... while his peers are reporting what Slive is talking about and even editorializing on it, Rucker gives us this gem:

wesrucker247 Wes Rucker
To quote Dave Chappelle playing Prince: "This bores me. Is anyone up for a game of basketball?" #SECMD

Seriously? I mean, like Slive or not, this is a huge agenda push... and you're unprofessional enough to make a joke about being bored? Hey Wes... STFU and do your damn job for once. Unfollowed.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:20:43 EDT »

1) Can someone provide a brief synopsis? Has Slive taken the golden goose out behind the barn to prepare it for dinner, or is doing something sensible for once? I'm not holding out hope for the latter.

2) Uh Wes, I'm frequently bored in meetings, but I have just barely enough intelligence to not let it show. It's a good way to keep your job - unlike reading VTTW as much as I do. 

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 08:56:11 EDT »

I'm not listening but I was following it on Twitter. And I finally unfollowed Rucker just now, just one day behind Vinnie... while his peers are reporting what Slive is talking about and even editorializing on it, Rucker gives us this gem:

wesrucker247 Wes Rucker
To quote Dave Chappelle playing Prince: "This bores me. Is anyone up for a game of basketball?" #SECMD

Seriously? I mean, like Slive or not, this is a huge agenda push... and you're unprofessional enough to make a joke about being bored? Hey Wes... STFU and do your damn job for once. Unfollowed.

There was a time, not very long ago, when I considered Rucker one of the best in the business.

Give me Hubbs and Austin Ward any day of the week. They are a couple of guys who are great reporters, take their job seriously, and don't get the big head simply because thousands of people rely on them for UT football info.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 09:01:32 EDT »

There was a time, not very long ago, when I considered Rucker one of the best in the business.

Give me Hubbs and Austin Ward any day of the week. They are a couple of guys who are great reporters, take their job seriously, and don't get the big head simply because thousands of people rely on them for UT football info.

I agree. I signed up for 247 just because Rucker went there. Now I think I am going to cancel my membership.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 09:40:34 EDT »

Rucker has turned into a complete and utter clown.  When he was with the FTP, he was hungry and it showed.  Now he reminds me of some hyperactive kid in school who smells funny and just hit puberty, who desperately wants to be a part of the cool crowd.  He's embarrassing himself and doesn't even realize it because of all the attention he gets.  That awkward kid's antics were funny for awhile, but pretty soon all the other kids get bored with it and then it's just awkward and embarrassing to watch.  Plus, he apparently has no life because he tweets about 30 times an hour, 28 of them being about everything else other than serious Vol coverage.  Just not funny, at all.

I was glad I got a parting shot to him though, I'd been meaning to tell him what I thought of him for some time.  :-D
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: