VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 07:25:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spurrier quotes at SECMD  (Read 3170 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:17:30 EDT »

"@schadjoe: Spurrier says Slives multiyear scholarship idea "is a terrible idea."

"@Andrew_Gribble: Spurrier said South Carolina spent about $12,000 on recruiting services last season. UT spent $177,697."

"@schadjoe: Spurrier quipped "we operate pretty cheaply. I see Mississippi State has a jet airplane out there. They've got all kinds of $ at Miss St."
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22:57 EDT »

He is an a$$. he has always been an a$$, and will always be an a$$.  I can't wait til we spank that a$$ this year either.  It's the only thing that shuts him up.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:25:03 EDT »

"@Andrew_Gribble: Spurrier said South Carolina spent about $12,000 on recruiting services last season. UT spent $177,697."

A program with 3 head coaches in 3 seasons will do that.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 03:19:00 EDT »

I think he's pretty funny.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:11:12 EDT »

"@schadjoe: Spurrier says Slives multiyear scholarship idea "is a terrible idea."

"@schadjoe: Spurrier quipped "we operate pretty cheaply. I see Mississippi State has a jet airplane out there. They've got all kinds of $ at Miss St."

NOt bad, but he is FOS saying USC spent 12K on recruiting services.  GMAFB.  I would guess a typical trip for one coach to see one athlete costs at least $300-400, more if he flies.  And how many recruiting trips did they take?  Ridiculous. 

Of course, "recruiting services" may mean what is paid to outside consultants, not what they spent on recruiting overall. In which case it makes sense.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: