VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 10:33:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Peyton Manning out for the season?  (Read 9705 times)
101stDad
« on: September 08, 2011, 03:13:36 EDT »

An Indy radio sports talk host says he has been told that Manning will miss the season: 

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/09/07/rumor-peyton-manning-done-for-the-year/
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:40:31 EDT »

I think he should sit out the year and heal.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:36:45 EDT »

I think he should retire and come be our QB coach.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:37:44 EDT »

That whooshing sound you hear is the sound of the Colts season going down the drain.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 04:23:58 EDT »

You didn't get him on your fantasy team, did you?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 05:15:28 EDT »

No, I didn't.
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 06:44:50 EDT »

I think he should retire and come be our QB coach.

I agree with you !   

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 06:54:33 EDT »

I just hope it doesn't end up being the end of Peyton's career.  No one has said that, but it is pretty unsettling that it has to do with nerve regeneration in his neck and that things obviously aren't progressing as they had hoped. 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 06:58:57 EDT »

I just hope it doesn't end up being the end of Peyton's career.  No one has said that, but it is pretty unsettling that it has to do with nerve regeneration in his neck and that things obviously aren't progressing as they had hoped. 

There have been some rumblings out there for a while that this was much worse than the Colts were letting on. No one will come right out and say it but there have been a couple of NFL beat writers who have hinted that he might not play again. Whether they're basing that on blind rumors or credible info, who knows.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 07:01:14 EDT »

There have been some rumblings out there for a while that this was much worse than the Colts were letting on. No one will come right out and say it but there have been a couple of NFL beat writers who have hinted that he might not play again. Whether they're basing that on blind rumors or credible info, who knows.

Bad vibes, for sure.
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 08:58:50 EDT »

The good news (at least for the Colts) is that without PM, the Colts will be the worst team in the NFL and hence, will get to draft Peyton's replacement, Andrew Luck.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 09:05:42 EDT »

I have a feeling that if Manning is indeed out for the season, folks are about to see just how valuable he is to his franchise.

IMO, there hasn't been a player in at least the past 20 years as valuable to his franchise as Manning has been to the Colts. I argue with friends all the time who say he isn't the best QB ever because he'll never match some of their stats.

I say that given 5 more healthy years, he'd surpass everyone but Favre, and get close to Favre. But to truly determine his worth, you gotta consider where the team would be without him. Manning has single-handedly made the Indianapolis franchise what it has been for the past decade. Is he the best QB to ever play? I don't think you can properly make that assessment between Manning and guys like Montana, Favre, etc. But he's definitely right there at the top of the list and I'd argue that none of those guys were as valuable to their franchise, in terms of raw wins and losses with or without them in the lineup, than Manning has been.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 09:10:50 EDT »

I think I might cry. 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 09:18:24 EDT »

If today's reports are true, he's definitely finished for the season. Looks like he had the second surgery that was rumored. No way he'll be back at any point this season after that.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 09:31:30 EDT »

Latest report from ESPN is that he's out for two months. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 09:44:37 EDT »

Of course I hate this for Peyton and the Colts and wish him well in his recovery.

On a selfish level I made the right choice in my fantasy draft, which was Monday. I had taken a QB in the 5th or 6th round and ALMOST followed that up by picking Peyton, who was still available. I figured when he returned I'd be glad I did. But as it turned out, he and my other QB shared the same bye week and I decided to take a quality WR instead. It was the right choice and somebody else took the risk and picked up Peyton as their QB2.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 10:35:04 EDT »

If you Colts and Titans fans are distraught about your teams' prospects this season (and you should be), there's still some seats left on the Dirty Bird bandwagon.  Hop on now, before Matty Ice fizzleing destroys you.  You know you want to...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffFPDZjpoiE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/ffFPDZjpoiE</a>

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: