VTTW Board Index
June 29, 2024, 06:22:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Be honest...  (Read 9005 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2011, 08:03:43 EDT »

UT/MTSU is on at roughly the same time as bammer/LSU.  If you're not going to be at our game in person, which game will you be watching?

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:08:04 EDT »

UT/MTSU is on at roughly the same time as bammer/LSU.  If you're not going to be at our game in person, which game will you be watching?

Honestly?  I'll be watching Bama/LSU and flipping back and forth to the Vol game OR have 2 tv's going....not sure which yet

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:08:18 EDT »

UT/MTSU
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 08:09:29 EDT »

When they announced the time for the MTSU game I knew I wouldn't be going.  Had it been a noon kickoff, I probably would have went.  What station is carrying our game anyway?
TheRealOrange
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 08:12:17 EDT »

If I can get the Vols, I'll watch as much as I can stomach.  I doubt I'll watch any of the bama/LSU game.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 08:16:08 EDT »

No question. I'll watch UT/MTSU.

But I won't go to it. I'm finished with that this year. If Bray is back for the Vandy game, I MIGHT go, but I doubt it.

I'm just ready to get it over with and get on to spring practice.

(BTW, I thought your question was going to be something about whether MTSU will upset UT. My answer would've been that there's a very good chance.  )
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 08:20:45 EDT »

When they announced the time for the MTSU game I knew I wouldn't be going.  Had it been a noon kickoff, I probably would have went.  What station is carrying our game anyway?

Fox Sports South
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 08:22:53 EDT »

I will be watching the UT game but switching back to the other game during commercial breaks. 
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 09:12:41 EDT »

I will be watching the UT game but switching back to the other game during commercial breaks. 

Ditto.

G
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 01:48:49 EDT »

It will have to be the UT game.....probably one of the only 2 victories we may have the rest of the season...(I HOPE)!
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 02:36:15 EDT »

Are you kidding????  I would LOVE to watch Worley play in a game where he at least has a chance to take his time and start making some plays.  He had a few high points against SC and I just wonder what would of happened if Rogers had not dropped the TD pass.  This will a glimpse of the future.  A chance where he starts to tune into the receivers to find his 'go to' guy.  Everything is wide open this weekend.  I hope we don't just try and run the ball and win.  I want to see the guy get a real chance to show what he can do.  Let him make some mistakes and make some big plays.  Like it or not, Worley is our key guy until Bray comes back.

As far a Bama/LSU, well they both are equally talented.  I give LSU the edge in explosiveness and Bama the edge in consistency.  Since Bama is a home, the consistency factor will win out because I think LSU will make a few mistakes.  It should be a good game.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 02:46:46 EDT »

I'll admit, I'm probably going to watch Bammer/LSU and flip over to our game during commercials.  If our game gets unexpectedly close, I'll switch.  Otherwise, I'll just DVR it and watch the whole thing later. 

I'm having a hard time thinking of a time when two better teams than bammer and LSU met in the regular season- especially this late in the season.  I keep going back to the OU/Nebraska clashes in the 80's, but even then, those two were perennially overrated, and the winner would usually get destroyed by Miami in the Orange Bowl.  I think you probably have to go back to the pre-scholly limit days to find a better matchup, and I can't remember back that far. 

So yeah- I think this is a game not to be missed.  Maybe it won't live up to the hype, but if it does...

CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 02:51:01 EDT »

I doubt that I will be watching much of bama/lsu. I think too much is being made out of that game. People are acting like it is a "game of the century". I say "a" because it seems that every two or three years there is a "game of the century". Those ESPN marketing guys know their stuff, huh?

Has football fallen that far? I see two very good teams but they aren't that good. Two damn good SEC teams in a year when there are few good teams around the country. Yes, I understand it is a big game, but in the grand scheme of things, this isn't any bigger than any other "big game". It might be special in that #1 and 2 are from the same conference and that is a rarity. But looking at both teams and comparing them to great teams of the past, well, they don't stack up, IMO.

CW
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 04:00:59 EDT »

Watching UT/MTSU (if its on in my area) and switching to LSU/bammer.  May record LSU/bammer simo and ff through parts of it later though.

I loathe both teams, but it is the SEC game of the year, no question.  It's what UT-Florida was in the late 90s and early this decade, only I don't think we were ever 1-2 in that one.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 04:44:42 EDT »

I'm sure I will watch our game, but I will watch a lot of LSU/Bama too.  I'll be switching back and forth often.

It always feels odd watching home hames on tv, because I can count on one hand the number of home games I've missed since '94-'95.  I still can't match my Dad's home game attendance streak, though.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 02:03:59 EDT »

UT/MTSU. Will switch to LSU/Bama every now and then.
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 02:22:39 EDT »

UT/MTSU. Will switch to LSU/Bama every now and then.

watch Bamar/LSU and hope for a meteor.  DVR MTSU-UT to watch later.
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 10:19:29 EDT »

I'll be switching back and forth. It's a shame one of the games isn't one one of the ESPN channels so I could watch one of them online on ESPN3 and another on TV.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 03:37:11 EDT »

UT game as primary and Bama-LSU as secondary during breaks.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 03:39:23 EDT »

I'll be watching Alabama-LSU. I'd root for the Taliban team if they were playing Alabama

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 09:15:12 EDT »

Well my decision has been solidified, except that I won't be able to watch the Vols because we don't have FSN channel....so I'll definitely be watching Bama/LSWho!

RON
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 06:47:57 EDT »

Probably both.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: