VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 03:25:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aside from my complete and total angst about the program  (Read 3132 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2011, 06:38:06 EDT »

I still haven't turned on Dooley. I love the guy and really, really want him to be successful. I'm not convinced that coaching would make a difference in our record. However I don't think he's doing a very good job this year. I think the injuries have gotten to him and he's showing frustration. I feel like sometimes he's a little too honest about the ability of his players. I think he'd be a great coach when things are good but I don't think he's a very good motivator when things are bad. That's JMHO. Of course I think for the sake of stability he has to get at least four years and I'd prefer to see him get five assuming there is some improvement next year and the year after.

All that being said, injuries or not, we don't need to lose to Vandy or things are going to get a little scary for him. Do I think we will lose? Yes, I think right now Vandy is a better football team and I think it's very possible that we will lose that game. The reason why that game is different than any of the past four is because the difference between Vandy and Tennessee, even with injuries, isn't players. We have more talent than Vandy does and they are not deeper than we are. I honestly believe that if they come in and beat us it will be because their coaches did a better job. When it comes to Florida (at the time with a healthy Brantley and Demps), Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and South Carolina, they are all more talented that Tennessee even with Bray and Hunter. Without Bray and Hunter they are all WAY more talented. But Vandy isn't.

We still have a chance to have a good feeling coming out of this year if we do what we did last year and rally to make a bowl. I sure hope DD can beat Vandy if for no other reason than to shut Clay Travis the fizzle up. Travis is talking about trading Dooley for Franklin or for (WTF) Kiffin like either one of those would be upgrades. They may not be downgrades but for goodness sakes, Clay. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 07:06:14 EDT »

Cosign. You speak for me too.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 07:31:24 EDT »

Who has Vandy beaten?  Elon? Army?  You are buying the snake oil James Franklin is selling.  At the end of the day Vandy is still Vandy and they will choke.  (Don't you dare burst my bubble). 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 07:46:38 EDT »

Who has Vandy beaten?  Elon? Army?  You are buying the snake oil James Franklin is selling.  At the end of the day Vandy is still Vandy and they will choke.  (Don't you dare burst my bubble). 

They haven't beaten anybody of note ... Elon, Army, UConn, and Ole Miss... and I hate James Franklin, but look at how they played Arkansas and Georgia. They are playing better than we are. All the UT homer in me can't deny what I see with my eyes. They get UK before us and they will win that game and they will be playing us for a chance at a bowl game.

I might change my mind depending on how they play against UF this weekend because so far they've been abysmal on the road but that's in only two games and one was against Bammer where they played about like we did.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 07:49:02 EDT »

improve vastly I expect we'll lose to Vandy...they should have beat Ark and have played several good teams very well.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 09:43:04 EDT »

IMO, it will come down to whether Bray is ready or not.  We do have them at home.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 01:09:59 EDT »

Vandy is still Vandy.  They always have a way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: