VTTW Board Index
June 11, 2024, 07:57:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I was hoping for a bowl trip but after ...  (Read 1802 times)
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2011, 03:56:52 EST »

sleeping on the loss I have changed my mind. I have no interest in losing to another ACC team, Big East team, or some outfit from CUSA. I would rather this time in December be spent on recruiting, staff evaluations, and the intangibles that surround each an every team that competes in any sport.

Recruiting is obvious as we need more SEC-caliber players to be on the field and provide needed depth for next season. The staff needs to be seriously reviewed and I can see 1 needed change for sure, maybe 2. We need to address the ST situation because I am sick and tired of our kicking game looking like an average HS team. When an extra point is an adventure you have an issue. The need for a running game has beaten to death and I totally agree. I am in the camp of dealing with both of these issues with one coaching move:
- hiring a RB coach
- letting Chaney take the responsibility of TE's
- and letting Dooley himself take complete ownership of ST's.

Chaney as a OC and RB is too much, he needs to have less of a positional responsibility like TE as they spend 1/2 their time with the OL anyway. The right RB coaching hire (Jay Graham) could help with recruiting in the area of need (SC, NC) as well as improve the growth of our young RB's. I think the lack of a rushing attack is more RB related and less OL related. A SR RB with blinders does not work as there were a numberof times the hole was on the back side and our SR RB simply did not see it.

Dooley has to address stuff over the coming weeks that are not between the lines. FR and SOPH's leaders need to be ID'd and groomed to take over the team going forward because the lack of SR/JR's were obvious on the field, but less obvious in the locker room.

GBO
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:42:43 EST »

The right RB coaching hire (Jay Graham) could help with recruiting in the area of need (SC, NC) as well as improve the growth of our young RB's.

With Larry Porter now available, he would be another RB coaching option. With Porter, you would have to also give him the title of RC to justify the cash required to get him to move to Knoxville.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 07:12:40 EST »

Good thoughts.  I like the idea of Jay Grahm for RB coach.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: