VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 10:07:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Baggett, Rogers, Bray, and rumors... and my general thoughts  (Read 1848 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2011, 04:33:19 EST »

Hubbs reported this morning Baggett is absolutely steadfast that Da'Rick is not the reason why he is leaving.

Of course he followed that by sharing stuff about Bray and Da'Rick that isn't exactly flattering... Da'Rick having to be dragged to meet the media by Malik Jackson after practices, Da'Rick isolating himself on the sideline and making his feelings about the season known (not sure exactly what he said) and Bray being nonchalant about bowl possibilities. The good point that they make is that Bray didn't have to come back and play this year. He could've sat out the last two games.

I think that for next year's team to be successful, Bray, Rogers, and some other players have some growing up to do. This rising junior class has to take control of this team. I will be honest and say that I don't know how many leaders there are in the class that can do that. Justin Hunter is a good locker room guy but doesn't seem to be a leader. Bray and Rogers seem to be the type of guys that players gravitate towards but I'm not sure they are positive leaders.

I think Dooley has a little chaos on his hands. I think he's not making things easy on himself. I think behind the scenes he is not very likable by players and coaches. I think he's much more like Majors than Fulmer. Yes, I know Saban is not likable, but Saban makes it work.

I will be interested to see if there are more staff changes to come. It sounds like the Wilcox rumors and the Thompson rumors are mostly put to bed for now. If he can settle it down and make the right hire to replace Baggett, he still has a chance to calm things.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:41:25 EST »

Did you see this quote from Hubbs about Baggett and his recruiting?

" I don't think he liked going out in the spring and evaluating a bunch of schools looking for players (I think that's why Tennessee was late on some guys in his territories). And I don't think he liked the day to day 365 days a year cycle that recruiting has become. "

I think it's much more likely CDD doesn't want a lazy recruiter on his staff costing him recruits than Baggett leaving due to some BS about Da'Rick. Baggett is probably better off in the NFL where he doesn't have to recruit.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 04:54:32 EST »

I think it's much more likely CDD doesn't want a lazy recruiter on his staff costing him recruits than Baggett leaving due to some BS about Da'Rick. Baggett is probably better off in the NFL where he doesn't have to recruit.

That would line up with what Brooks Melchior tweeted yesterday about Baggett being out because he couldn't close Atlanta and Memphis.

One thing about Brooks: he is almost never wrong.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: