VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 01:41:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: i was going to predict a jawga win, but  (Read 4723 times)
SmokeyJoe
« on: December 03, 2011, 10:35:10 EST »

Not after that blown opportunity. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 10:35:37 EST »

Nope, can't leave that one on the field. I'm rooting for LSU anyway. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:38:13 EST »

UGA's gotten off to a good start, but failure to capitalize on it figures to hurt them. You have to think LSU's going to wake up at some point.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 10:40:40 EST »

UGA's gotten off to a good start, but failure to capitalize on it figures to hurt them. You have to think LSU's going to wake up at some point.

LSU's coaching staff is one of the best I've ever seen at making in game adjustments. Which is weird as hell considering who their DC is and how he USED to be.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 10:49:23 EST »

I said Ga would keep it close for a half....but watch out in the 2nd.  Another ark. game....LSU will destroy them.  That was my prediction last night to a Bama fan visiting us.   Well see!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:55:50 EST by RockinGrannyVol » Logged

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 11:38:48 EST »

I said Ga would keep it close for a half....but watch out in the 2nd.  Another ark. game....LSU will destroy them.  That was my prediction last night to a Bama fan visiting us.   Well see!

UGA has dominated in TOP so maybe they won't get worn down, but LSU's D sis playing better. UGA's probably going to regret not cashing in on their earlier opportunities.
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 12:01:25 EST »

Replay showed Mathieu flipped the ball to the ref before he crossed the goal line. Probably should have been ruled a touchback for UGA, but that's water under the bridge now.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 12:04:04 EST »

Breaks went LSU's way in the first half.  Dropped passes, punt return, TD that should have been disallowed (but probably is spotted at the half yard line anyway).

What I can't believe....no first downs in the first half for LSU?   

But I knew going in that LSU depended on the run too much, that Wheezy Jefferson can't throw worth a shizzle, and that their O would struggle.

I think Richt went into a shell on a couple drives also.

Uga gets the ball first.  Should be a helluva second half.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 12:10:17 EST »

Breaks went LSU's way in the first half.  Dropped passes, punt return, TD that should have been disallowed (but probably is spotted at the half yard line anyway).

What I can't believe....no first downs in the first half for LSU?   

But I knew going in that LSU depended on the run too much, that Wheezy Jefferson can't throw worth a shizzle, and that their O would struggle.

I think Richt went into a shell on a couple drives also.

Uga gets the ball first.  Should be a helluva second half.   

After UGA's first 3 drives it looks like LSU's D has settled down as well. IT looks like it's settled down to a defensive slugfest, and a turnover or kicking game play is probably going to decide it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 12:18:11 EST »

After UGA's first 3 drives it looks like LSU's D has settled down as well. IT looks like it's settled down to a defensive slugfest, and a turnover or kicking game play is probably going to decide it.

LSU's D definitely hit it's stride, but Richt dialed it down a notch also.

One thing I like...at the start of the game, Danielson (who I respect very much) was saying Murray had come on strong toward the second half of the season.  But you know what?  He still can't hit a long ball to save his life.  Two of the long plays that Danielson said were great defensive plays were also thrown to the wrong place.  One was short, the other inside shoulder when it should have been outside.  The defenders still made great plays, but throw those balls better and no play is possible, IMO.

But why do I like that?  Cause we play that shizzlehead next year.  And I bet he still can't hit long.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 12:36:36 EST »

Replay showed Mathieu flipped the ball to the ref before he crossed the goal line. Probably should have been ruled a touchback for UGA, but that's water under the bridge now.

Yep. No excuse for the SEC not to review that. A blown play by the guys in the booth.

If Mathieu isn't being his usual #badword# self, it isn't even in question. Much like Nick Fairley last year, it's hard for me to root for a team with Mathieu on their roster.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 12:43:25 EST »

Yep. No excuse for the SEC not to review that. A blown play by the guys in the booth.

If Mathieu isn't being his usual #badword# self, it isn't even in question. Much like Nick Fairley last year, it's hard for me to root for a team with Mathieu on their roster.

Yep.  Jefferson, too.

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 12:48:47 EST »

Not looking good for UGA now. LSU smells blood in the water and UGA has to be shell-shocked. I said a turnover or kicking game play would probably decide it. I guess I should have said and instead. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 01:20:42 EST »

Definitely over.  Uga had their chances and blew it.  I think Richt got a bit too conservative, but defintely all the breaks went LSU's way in the second half.  Great teams make their own breaks though, and LSU has done that all year. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: