VTTW Board Index
June 04, 2024, 02:50:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Go Cowboys!  (Read 10741 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2011, 03:22:46 EST »

Of the OSU variety, of course. 

I am all about the small chance they pass bammer.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 03:26:23 EST »

Of the OSU variety, of course. 

I am all about the small chance they pass bammer.   

Jeez- LSU vs OSU?  What a crapfest game that would be.  I would lay 30 points and bet my entire 401K.  Seriously.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 04:17:42 EST »

Jeez- LSU vs OSU?  What a crapfest game that would be.  I would lay 30 points and bet my entire 401K.  Seriously.

I would much rather see a crapfest than that cheating POS program win.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 04:18:46 EST »

Oh and lest I forget...if it should happen I don't want to miss the next 9 months of whining either.   

That's a very small consolation for the crappy season we had. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 04:27:23 EST »

Oh, I agree.  I don't want to deal with all the bandwagon rednecks around here for the next year either.  But there can't be a whole lot of argument that LSU and bammer are the two best teams at this point.

But OU is currently imploding, and this could be enough to vault OSU past bammer.  I almost hope it happens, because LSU-OSU is easy money.  This is the kind of team that LSU feasts on.  They would turn OSU over at least 5 times, and it would be ugly.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 04:28:40 EST »

Oh, I agree.  I don't want to deal with all the bandwagon rednecks around here for the next year either.  But there can't be a whole lot of argument that LSU and bammer are the two best teams at this point.

But OU is currently imploding, and this could be enough to vault OSU past bammer.  I almost hope it happens, because LSU-OSU is easy money.  This is the kind of team that LSU feasts on.  They would turn OSU over at least 5 times, and it would be ugly.

I think you are probably right.  Don't know much about OSU, but it's hard to see a team that lost to Iowa State beating LSU.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 04:29:51 EST »

I approve this post.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 04:39:11 EST »

Seriously, OU is in "Mail it In" mode.  I haven't seen so many unforced errors since...last Saturday in Lexington.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 04:45:51 EST »

So do y'all think this is enough to vault OSU over Bama?

IMHO, Bama had their chance.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 04:53:51 EST »

So do y'all think this is enough to vault OSU over Bama?

IMHO, Bama had their chance.

It might be.  I think it helps that VaTech is losing badly.  OSU will pick up a bunch of votes from VaTech and perhaps Stanford.  Currently they are 5th in the human polls, and are now a lock for 3rd, but can they get 2nd in either?

This is key, if Gary Danielson is right.  He said earlier today that a win by OSU would make them second in the computer polls. 

In which case, they only need one of the human polls to be in.

In thier favor...they are conference champs, they beat more top 20 programs than bammer.  I think they have a shot at the Harris Poll, but we have to wait and see.

As for the coach's poll...would the other conferences vote against the SEC?  I don't know.  I doubt it.  I think coach's would tend to vote for who they think the best team is, and that probably is bammer.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.  I say Harris poll, because IMO the media is more likely to vote for OSU than coaches, but that's just an opinion.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 04:57:36 EST »

One other thing...something I did not realize until tonight. 

OSU lost to ISU on the same week that the OSU coaches died in a plane crash.  That is said to have upset the team.

Well that may sway voter sentiment if enough of them know about it, who knows.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 05:04:52 EST »

One other thing...something I did not realize until tonight.  

OSU lost to ISU on the same week that the OSU coaches died in a plane crash.  That is said to have upset the team.

Well that may sway voter sentiment if enough of them know about it, who knows.

That excuse just doesn't fly (Edit: sorry, that's a VERY poor choice of words on my part) unless you believe they were just suddenly overcome with grief 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter, because they were up 24-7 at that point.  If the plane crash had really affected them, don't you think they would've come out flat from the start?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:30:56 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 05:42:41 EST »

what would you rather see a 9-6 game or a 36-34 game. I guess he expects to score easily on LSU. I say Bama has a better season long resume' than OSU. What if Bama beats LSU. Is a third game required to settle the tie. Bama won't miss all those FG's again.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 06:00:53 EST »

what would you rather see a 9-6 game or a 36-34 game. I guess he expects to score easily on LSU. I say Bama has a better season long resume' than OSU. What if Bama beats LSU. Is a third game required to settle the tie. Bama won't miss all those FG's again.

fizzle bama. 

Nuff said.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 06:01:42 EST »

That excuse just doesn't fly (Edit: sorry, that's a VERY poor choice of words on my part) unless you believe they were just suddenly overcome with grief 10 minutes into the 3rd quarter, because they were up 24-7 at that point.  If the plane crash had really affected them, don't you think they would've come out flat from the start?

That was based on a what an announcer said earlier tonight.  He obviously was off a bit.

Whatever.  Go Cowboys, win the polls.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 10:43:07 EST »

It's mentioned in this article:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7314536/oklahoma-state-cowboys-get-last-word-bcs-debate

No one at Oklahoma State will cheapen the memories of women's basketball coach Kurt Budke and his assistant, Miranda Serna, by using their deaths in a plane crash the night before the Iowa State game to politic the Pokes into the BCS Championship Game.

And he's right.  Even mentioning it cheapens their deaths.  But it may well sway some voters.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:44:42 EST by BanditVol » Logged

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 11:48:09 EST »

There will be lots of crocodile tears tonight by whichever team gets left out. Part of me wants that to be Alabama, because it would be just pure fun to see their fans all miserable and stuff. But if we're going to see a good BCSNCG in January, it better be Oklahoma State. Because OklaSt cannot possibly hang with LSU.

Either way, neither team deserves to gripe and moan. Alabama has already lost to LSU. And if OklaSt hadn't lost to Iowa State, there wouldn't even be a debate right now. Whichever team gets in, it'll just be by the luck of every other team losing.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 03:02:42 EST »

If history is any indication, OSU is going to get their chance to tug on Superman's cape.  People complain about "SEC bias", but whenever there has been a hint of BCS controversy involving a Big 12 team, that team has always gotten the benefit of the doubt- and gone on to get clubbed in the title game.  To wit:

2001 Nebraska- Gave up 62 points in a blowout loss to Colorado in the their final game of the regular season, didn't win their division (funny how that was somehow OK when an SEC team wasn't involved), was picked for the title game over worthy alternatives Oregon, Washington, and Colorado, and was promptly destroyed by Miami.  

2003 Oklahoma- Was blown out 35-7 in the Big 12 title game but still got the nod over USC.  In what was somehow considered an "upset" at the time, LSU beats them 21-14 in the Sugar Bowl.

2004 Oklahoma- Apparently voters still saw something in the Sooners the next year, because they were picked for the Orange Bowl over an undefeated Auburn team, and were skulldragged by USC to the tune of 55-19.  

2008 Oklahoma- Noticing a trend here?  Despite conference-mate Texas sporting an identical one loss record and actually beating OU head to head, the Sooners go on to the title game, where Florida holds an offense that had been averaging 54 ppg to 14.  

So yes, I fully expect OSU to get the nod when the dust settles tonight, and the results will probably be the same on January 9.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 03:37:19 EST »

what would you rather see a 9-6 game or a 36-34 49-7 game. I guess he expects to score easily on LSU. I say Bama has a better season long resume' than OSU. What if Bama beats LSU. Is a third game required to settle the tie. Bama won't miss all those FG's again.

Fixed it for him.

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 06:32:58 EST »

If history is any indication, OSU is going to get their chance to tug on Superman's cape.  People complain about "SEC bias", but whenever there has been a hint of BCS controversy involving a Big 12 team, that team has always gotten the benefit of the doubt- and gone on to get clubbed in the title game.  To wit:

2001 Nebraska- Gave up 62 points in a blowout loss to Colorado in the their final game of the regular season, didn't win their division (funny how that was somehow OK when an SEC team wasn't involved), was picked for the title game over worthy alternatives Oregon, Washington, and Colorado, and was promptly destroyed by Miami.  

2003 Oklahoma- Was blown out 35-7 in the Big 12 title game but still got the nod over USC.  In what was somehow considered an "upset" at the time, LSU beats them 21-14 in the Sugar Bowl.

2004 Oklahoma- Apparently voters still saw something in the Sooners the next year, because they were picked for the Orange Bowl over an undefeated Auburn team, and were skulldragged by USC to the tune of 55-19.  

2008 Oklahoma- Noticing a trend here?  Despite conference-mate Texas sporting an identical one loss record and actually beating OU head to head, the Sooners go on to the title game, where Florida holds an offense that had been averaging 54 ppg to 14.  

So yes, I fully expect OSU to get the nod when the dust settles tonight, and the results will probably be the same on January 9.

Excellent post.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 10:44:52 EST »

Hope so!

fizzle bama!   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 11:20:14 EST »

Danny Sheridan just tweeted that his source tells him it's definitely LSU vs. Bama.  So I guess that's that- Congrats OSU!

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 01:13:04 EST »

I really wanted to see OSU get hammered by LSU.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 02:37:22 EST »

Danny Sheridan just tweeted that his source tells him it's definitely LSU vs. Bama.  So I guess that's that- Congrats OSU!

So you're happy I guess.

Make sure you get one of those crimson car flags.  Might as well join the crowd.   

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 03:14:44 EST »

So you're happy I guess.

Make sure you get one of those crimson car flags.  Might as well join the crowd.   

That's one of the first things you learn living in Chattanooga: Investing $8 in car flag makes you a true fan.  So what if you've never set foot on campus?  So what if you can't find Tuscaloosa on a map?  You've got a red flag on your car, that makes you a die-hard.  Row Tahd Row!

And after football season is over and hoops kicks into high gear, they'll all trade out their bammer flags for UK flags.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: