VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 08:43:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Richt, that was really stupid.*  (Read 2295 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2012, 10:52:18 EST »

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:31:55 EST »

What did Richt do?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 02:57:25 EST »

In the first OT, MSU gets the ball first and throws an interception.  UGA gets the ball at the 25, and rather than try to advance the ball and at least set up a closer attempt, they just center the ball and let the kicker try a 42 yarder to win, even though he was only 7/16 from 40+ for his career.  Of course he misses, the game continues, and UGA eventually loses.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 03:04:31 EST »

Sounds like a classic UGA choke job.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 05:39:23 EST »

In the first OT, MSU gets the ball first and throws an interception.  UGA gets the ball at the 25, and rather than try to advance the ball and at least set up a closer attempt, they just center the ball and let the kicker try a 42 yarder to win, even though he was only 7/16 from 40+ for his career.  Of course he misses, the game continues, and UGA eventually loses.

Wow, I didn't know his stats were that bad from 40+.  The announcers praised his stats for the season, I think, and maybe that threw me off. 

Reminds me of the Kiffin stupidity vs. bammer in 2009...not only was Lincoln atrocious from beyond 40, he had already missed TWICE THAT DAY.  Grrrrrrrrr.....

I hope SoCal suxes badly next year.  That is all.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: