VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 07:19:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Randy Shannon?  (Read 3276 times)
VOLveeta
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:47:37 EST »

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/30875032/Randy-Shannon-to-Tennessee.aspx
VOLveeta
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 11:50:18 EST »

Nevermind, I just realized a Vol fan started that.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 11:52:21 EST »

This has been mentioned on other UT boards.  Originates from Jason Swain mentioning it today on the radio.  I guess he is an afternoon host on a Knoxville radio station?  Ainge also tweeted some crazy news out of Knoxville and to not miss Dooley's press conference tomorrow.  Who knows . . .
VOLveeta
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 11:55:33 EST »

I gotta tell you, I love Eric Ainge's show, he's funny.  As are Rucker and Swain.  I love listening to those guys!  PLEASE let something good come out of all of this!!!
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:21:41 EST »

This has gotten legs now, hearing a lot of reports that this may be true.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 01:29:14 EST »

It's looking like this one might have some legs. 

I don't know much about Shannon, other than he was a pretty crappy HC.  Was he the DC for da U's really good teams in the early 2000's?

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 01:44:46 EST »

It's looking like this one might have some legs. 

I don't know much about Shannon, other than he was a pretty crappy HC.  Was he the DC for da U's really good teams in the early 2000's?

from 2001 to 2006 he was no lower than 7th in the nation except for 2004 when his D was 28th.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 02:05:29 EST »

I think Shannon could definately save the defensive side of the recruiting class.  After reading all of the conversation around his possible hire, if he is not the choice, Dooley will get blamed for it.  Nvermind if Shannon every interviewed for the job.  I hope he is the choice.  Tuesday, and this press conference, is potentially going to be a big swing day for the UT program.  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 05:27:54 EST »

from 2001 to 2006 he was no lower than 7th in the nation except for 2004 when his D was 28th.

He had tons of talent there, but even so that's very impressive.  And you gotta think that he probably brings at least some  Florida recruiting to the table, though recruiting fell off a bit during his tenure (in spite of the "extra stuff", lol!)

Speaking of extras, we don't need no more trouble with the stinkin NCAA, but he won't be the HC, so....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: