VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 07:56:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Palardy has sent out a tweet saying....  (Read 4440 times)
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:47:09 EST »

Welcome  Coach Shannon to the VOL family! Thoughts!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:50:06 EST »

Hot rumor is Shannon as DC and Michael Barrow as LB coach. If one wanted to be positive, a positive spin could be put on that. If one wanted to be negative, Shannon was not a good HC at Miami.

I'll just wait and see what happens on the field. I still think Dooley is on borrowed time.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 03:56:06 EST »

If this is true, great to have a quality DC on board.  The fact that the kicker off of the team breaks the news via twitter has to be concerning to Dooley & Hart.  If not, it should be.  
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:00:24 EST »

If this is true, great to have a quality DC on board.  The fact that the kicker off of the team breaks the news via twitter has to be concerning to Dooley & Hart.  If not, it should be.  

Lol, no matter who is named DC tomorrow I think it's safe to say there's still alot more to be concerned about than there is to feel good about.  But Shannon would be better news than I thought possible earlier today.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 04:03:38 EST »

Palardy is now backtracking and saying that he was just hoping for the best hire.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 04:09:10 EST »

Palardy is now backtracking and saying that he was just hoping for the best hire.

Tonight is fascinating reading... takes me back to the pre-Kiffin days.

This just in from Basilio... The Haslams are circling Lovie Smith's house in a gold-plated cessna.   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:51:58 EST »

Basilio is now saying that Shannon will be introduced tomorrow. But the overriding buzz says nothing is done.

Funny how so much of the UT fan base is going crazy over this.

10EC
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 04:56:51 EST »

Hot rumor is Shannon as DC and Michael Barrow

Wasn't Barrow a special teams coach at one time?  Maybe that is why Palardy is tweeting.....   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 04:57:32 EST »

Wasn't Barrow a special teams coach at one time?  Maybe that is why Palardy is tweeting.....   

Barrow coaches LBs and STs at Miami now.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 05:19:18 EST »

LOL

Tim Reynolds @ByTimReynolds 28m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Contrary to about a zillion rumors out there, no, Randy Shannon has not been hired by Tennessee.
Retweeted by Beth Rucker
Tim Reynolds @ByTimReynolds 26m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Person familiar with the Tennessee process tells me that the Vols have not even talked to Shannon. They may -- but haven't.
Retweeted by Beth Rucker

Orange Rampage
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 05:55:20 EST »

LOL

Tim Reynolds @ByTimReynolds 28m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Contrary to about a zillion rumors out there, no, Randy Shannon has not been hired by Tennessee.
Retweeted by Beth Rucker
Tim Reynolds @ByTimReynolds 26m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Person familiar with the Tennessee process tells me that the Vols have not even talked to Shannon. They may -- but haven't.
Retweeted by Beth Rucker

Nah that's crazy talk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: