VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 08:04:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most ground breaking thing that has come out of the press conference  (Read 4286 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2012, 04:30:03 EST »

Is that Dooley is releasing Arnett to anywhere in Michigan, including Michigan and Michigan State.

Kudos, coach.

To be clear because I'm sure that people quietly think I want Dooley to fail... I most certainly don't. I like him a lot. I think he's funny and smart. I just haven't seen anything yet to make me think he's going to be successful. All he has to do to shut me up is win some damn football games.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:39:25 EST »

Is that Dooley is releasing Arnett to anywhere in Michigan, including Michigan and Michigan State.

Kudos, coach.

To be clear because I'm sure that people quietly think I want Dooley to fail... I most certainly don't. I like him a lot. I think he's funny and smart. I just haven't seen anything yet to make me think he's going to be successful. All he has to do to shut me up is win some damn football games.

Agreed. I will remain hopeful we turn the. Corner next year, and if not we make another hire. Having a new AD in place should help.  Surely things will begin to stabilize.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:42:27 EST »

Agreed. I will remain hopeful we turn the. Corner next year, and if not we make another hire. Having a new AD in place should help.  Surely things will begin to stabilize.

I'm not hopeful at all to tell you the truth, but if he wins 9 or more games my support will be back behind him 100%.

I'm unsettled that the University released information to the public implying that Arnett would not be released to Michigan or Michigan State and then released different information days later. That doesn't make me very confident in Hart either. Had they just stayed silent then there would've been merit to those who were busting people's chops for not waiting for the "full story". In the end, the right move was made regarding Arnett.

Let's see if he can get a DC hired and hold the class together.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:13:57 EST »

I'm not hopeful at all to tell you the truth, but if he wins 9 or more games my support will be back behind him 100%.

I'm unsettled that the University released information to the public implying that Arnett would not be released to Michigan or Michigan State and then released different information days later. That doesn't make me very confident in Hart either. Had they just stayed silent then there would've been merit to those who were busting people's chops for not waiting for the "full story". In the end, the right move was made regarding Arnett.

Let's see if he can get a DC hired and hold the class together.

I want you to know something I was not trying to bust anyone's chops just that I was upset that people like BOM and volmeister were putting things on the board that implied many things but were inaccurate in many ways.  Arnett and his family were manipulating the press to make UT look bad in lots of ways and most of it (99%) was so much speculation and half truths or total lies.  Dooley did not want Arnett to fail but was doing what he thought was correct and that is important for him to stand behind what he says!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 05:16:53 EST »

I want you to know something I was not trying to bust anyone's chops just that I was upset that people like BOM and volmeister were putting things on the board that implied many things but were inaccurate in many ways.  Arnett and his family were manipulating the press to make UT look bad in lots of ways and most of it (99%) was so much speculation and half truths or total lies.  Dooley did not want Arnett to fail but was doing what he thought was correct and that is important for him to stand behind what he says!

I wasn't even referring to you, but I completely disagree with your opinion. Sorry.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 05:19:00 EST »

He also made it clear there is no issue with Da'Rick when asked about him, again.

I think he used the press conf to just clear up some issues, and also seemed to communicate that he feels we're in a much better position than we were 22 months ago.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 05:23:32 EST »

Well to me it still seems like Dooley caved on the Arnett situation to quench the uproar.  Because he did in fact state at one point Arnett wouldn't be released to these certain schools, or was that manufactured?
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 05:24:20 EST »

What did I post that was inaccurate?  I think that virtually everything I posted about Arnett were statements of my opinion.  I couldn't care less if he was manipulating the press, my stance all along is, if he doesn't want to be here, let him go.  In the end, he wasn't going to be here, so why absorb all the bad publicity?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 10:17:11 EST »

Well to me it still seems like Dooley caved on the Arnett situation to quench the uproar.  Because he did in fact state at one point Arnett wouldn't be released to these certain schools, or was that manufactured?

Best I can tell is that he was following procedure, but made an exception to the rule after having long discussions with Arnett.

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 11:58:59 EST »

Best I can tell is that he was following procedure, but made an exception to the rule after having long discussions with Arnett.

So when does all the bad stuff start?  People that defended Dooleys initially blocking Arnett from transferring to MSU, said that Dooley did it because if he didn't, there would be a flood of players seeking transfers.   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 12:47:52 EST »

So when does all the bad stuff start?  People that defended Dooleys initially blocking Arnett from transferring to MSU, said that Dooley did it because if he didn't, there would be a flood of players seeking transfers.   

CDD clearly said he made an "exception" based on Arnett's case - which I don't know the details of.. If he willy nilly just ok'd anyone's transfer anytime they wanted, he sets a bad precedent. That is why the policy is there.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 01:17:42 EST »

CDD clearly said he made an "exception" based on Arnett's case - which I don't know the details of.. If he willy nilly just ok'd anyone's transfer anytime they wanted, he sets a bad precedent. That is why the policy is there.

This, what you said.  I'm not so sure Arnett didn't suddenly become homesick for whatever reason.  Who cares. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: