VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 01:16:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunseri it is...so do we go to a 3-4?  (Read 3023 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:49:20 EST »

Do we have the personnel to do that? Or do we stay with a 4-3?

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 05:02:40 EST »

I don't think we have the LB depth yet but we have recruited 3-4 style LBs anyway. McCullers and Hood would be good 3-4 NGs if we can land McCullers, and Couch and Sentimore would be ideal sized 3-4 DEs.

I also think that Maggitt and Smith would be good 3-4 OLBs.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 05:05:24 EST »

I don't think we have the LB depth yet but we have recruited 3-4 style LBs anyway. McCullers and Hood would be good 3-4 NGs if we can land McCullers, and Couch and Sentimore would be ideal sized 3-4 DEs.

I also think that Maggitt and Smith would be good 3-4 OLBs.

Agree with this...if we get McCullers, I can see them possibly tinkering with some 3-4. If not in 2012, then maybe by 2013. Right now I don't see the DE depth. Santos and AJ Johnson are definitely 3-4 ILBs
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 05:10:10 EST »

I think this hire will bring in McCullers now. From what I've heard that has been the holdup, who the DC was.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 05:13:30 EST »

Agree with this...if we get McCullers, I can see them possibly tinkering with some 3-4. If not in 2012, then maybe by 2013. Right now I don't see the DE depth. Santos and AJ Johnson are definitely 3-4 ILBs

Yeah, DE depth and OLB depth is where I question if we can do it. At DE in the 3-4 you need guys who are Sentimore's size. And Lathers is a tweener in a 3-4... Not big enough to play ILB but not a good enough pass rusher to play rush LB. I guess if you run a 3-4 where you have rushing OLB and coverage OLB, Lathers could be the cover guy. Maggitt would be dynamic as a rush OLB.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:45:59 EST »

What I want to know is can we hang on to Santos.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 06:30:31 EST »

What I want to know is can we hang on to Santos.

easily

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 08:30:11 EST »

easily

Agree. I can't see why in the world he'd decommit now. Sunseri just coached the National Champion linebackers and Dalton has stuck with us this long.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: