VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 07:14:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recruiting Guru's give us some good news?  (Read 4733 times)
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2012, 05:15:23 EST »

Who we going lose?

Who we going get last minute?

Do we hold Dalton and LaDarrell?

Are we part of RB's from LA former commitments by the weekend?

I need good news! :)

I just have gut feeling we lose one of the 2 Texas commits and I hate to say it but any kid at we are the third commitment I just don't feel good until he signs?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:09:39 EST »

I'm no guru, and I have no idea what's going to happen.  But I have to say that Dooley has held this class together remarkably well, given the circumstances.   

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:47:25 EST »

I will give you some good news

Vols could end up with 9 in the top 250 in the new rivals top 250. Only Bama has 9 at the moment, and they are national champs. We were 5-7.  Dooley can evaluate and recruit, people.

L McNeil
O Peters
D Bowles
D O'Brien
D Bourque
K Kirvin - target
Q Davis - target
Bonner - target
J Croom
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 10:56:02 EST »

Vols could end up with 9 in the top 250 in the new rivals top 250. Only Bama has 9 at the moment, and they are national champs. We were 5-7.  Dooley can evaluate and recruit, people.

L McNeil
O Peters
D Bowles
D O'Brien
D Bourque
K Kirvin - target
Q Davis - target
Bonner - target
J Croom

I say they get either McNeil or Santos but not both. Borque has grade concerns. If they hold both McNeil and Santos they will have done a fantastic job of retaining those guys.

I think that holding the class together in such coaching turmoil speaks well of his ability as a recruiter. I think the jury is out on his ability as a talent evaluator. The measure of a talent evaluator is finding the guys who are highly ranked who can actually play and getting those guys, then finding the guys who aren't highly ranked but can still play and getting those guys too. The measure of a talent evaluator isn't signing highly ranked guys... I could recruit highly ranked players by just looking at the Rivals list. Dooley's results on the field are what will show that he's a good evaluator of talent.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 12:40:35 EST »

L McNeil
O Peters
D Bowles
D O'Brien
D Bourque
K Kirvin - target
Q Davis - target
Bonner - target
J Croom

Bourque will end up somewhere else.  His dad was quoted saying he wouldn't be suprised if he signed with someone other than Tennessee.  I believe we are the 3rd school he has committed to?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 02:26:10 EST »

I still don't understand the divergent opinions on Santos.  I mean he's barely even a 3 star on Rivals, and ESPN lists him as the #1 ILB in America.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 02:54:32 EST »

Bourque will end up somewhere else.  His dad was quoted saying he wouldn't be suprised if he signed with someone other than Tennessee.  I believe we are the 3rd school he has committed to?

Maybe...maybe not. He may also have grade concerns

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 04:12:59 EST »

I still don't understand the divergent opinions on Santos.  I mean he's barely even a 3 star on Rivals, and ESPN lists him as the #1 ILB in America.

Look at the offer list. That's the key in those cases.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 04:19:02 EST »

Look at the offer list. That's the key in those cases.

My evaluation method is a bit different.  If Santos sticks with UT, then I believe ESPN.  If he decommits, then Rivals was right about him all along, and we didn't want him anyway.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 04:33:05 EST »

My evaluation method is a bit different.  If Santos sticks with UT, then I believe ESPN.  If he decommits, then Rivals was right about him all along, and we didn't want him anyway.

VQ and scout have an update - Santos is VFL an McNeil also was visited by CSS and Joseph, and seemed to have a good visit.

Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 05:44:40 EST »

VQ and scout have an update - Santos is VFL an McNeil also was visited by CSS and Joseph, and seemed to have a good visit.

nice updates everyone! I agree the fact the class is holding together is good job by the staff.

Great News on Dalton!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 04:10:40 EST »

I think it is good for him that we look to be switching to the 3-4. I think he will be a great 3-4 ILB. I am not convinced that he would be a great 4-3 Mike.

Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 06:55:10 EST »

I think it is good for him that we look to be switching to the 3-4. I think he will be a great 3-4 ILB. I am not convinced that he would be a great 4-3 Mike.

Good Call...I am excited to see us switch to some to 3-4. I have never been a 3-4 or 4-3 is better guy, but they are a lot ways to get it done. I just think 3-4 suits us better talent wise right now. My wife begin WVU grad I keep watching them play the 3-3-5, and I have came to believe the best d for any team is the d that matches talent the best. CM and JS could be beast in 3-4 set.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: