VTTW Board Index
June 01, 2024, 04:31:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gamers: Resident Evil 6 announced...  (Read 3451 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2012, 02:18:09 EST »

..with a release date of 11/20.  So that means in the 4Q this year, we can expect RE6, GTA5, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, and the annual Assasin's Creed and Call of Duty releases.  And I thought last year was big for gaming. 

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216867p1.html

RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 02:45:31 EST »

RE Also announce the newest movie Retribution due out in September.

GO VOLS!   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 02:46:32 EST »

I haven't looked but have we heard anything about the next chapter of Red Dead yet?

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 03:17:43 EST »

I haven't looked but have we heard anything about the next chapter of Red Dead yet?

I haven't heard, but I would bet it's due in 2013.  Rockstar tends to rotate their big franchises:  LA Noire came last year, Max Payne and GTA are coming this year.  You'd think that RDR would be on deck. Or maybe they're waiting for the next gen consoles.  I dunno.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 03:49:42 EST »

I haven't heard, but I would bet it's due in 2013.  Rockstar tends to rotate their big franchises:  LA Noire came last year, Max Payne and GTA are coming this year.  You'd think that RDR would be on deck. Or maybe they're waiting for the next gen consoles.  I dunno.

I'm about halfway through Uncharted 2. It's a lot like Assassin's Creed because the first one was so-so and the second one is epic. I can't wait to finish 2 so I can get my hands on 3.

Buddy of mine bought Arkham City and hated it. I need to borrow it from him to see what I think but I may not get it before he trades it in because I'm not willing to stop UC to try it.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 03:53:29 EST »

I'm about halfway through Uncharted 2. It's a lot like Assassin's Creed because the first one was so-so and the second one is epic. I can't wait to finish 2 so I can get my hands on 3.

Buddy of mine bought Arkham City and hated it. I need to borrow it from him to see what I think but I may not get it before he trades it in because I'm not willing to stop UC to try it.

Wow.  I can't imagine anyone hating Arkham City.  It seems to me like a game that would appeal to everyone. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 04:03:01 EST »

Wow.  I can't imagine anyone hating Arkham City.  It seems to me like a game that would appeal to everyone. 

He's sort of a weird bird. He loved Elder Scrolls Oblivion but gave up on Skyrim.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 02:48:38 EST »

As good as Uncharted 2 is, Uncharted 3 takes it to the next level.  I've yet to play the first one, though.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 04:37:19 EST »

As good as Uncharted 2 is, Uncharted 3 takes it to the next level.  I've yet to play the first one, though.

I would put Uncharted 1 as a solid 6.5 out of 10. Good game, good story, but things get bogged down in the gameplay. Every fight sequence is longer than it should be and things get repetitive. To extend on the parallel from my earlier post, I'd put Assassin's Creed 1 at a 7... only better than UC 1 because of the story.

To me UC2 and AC2 are both 9.5 type games. Not perfect but darn close. If AC2 had the chain kill fight technique of AC-B and AC-R, it would be the perfect game in my mind. UC couldn't get to 10 for me unless it became open world with multiple side missions and challenges.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: