VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 04:44:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of Y'all are going to the O&W game?  (Read 5320 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2012, 03:39:42 EDT »

I think the Offense will put up big numbers in 2012 with Bray healthy and ready to go. I think,however,that the defense could very well give up as much as the offense puts on the board. This is a make or break season for Coach Dooley. No Bowl and He very well could be looking for an assistant's job somewhere in 2013.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:41:30 EDT by ChatsworthVol » Logged

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 03:45:22 EDT »

Pass.  Haven't been to an O&W game in over ten years.
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 04:54:24 EDT »

I am going this year for one BIG reason! My daughter Annalee will be 2 the week of the spring game, and she is in love with Smokey. I am wanting to get a pictures of her with Smokey either real or big stuff one :) I can use that about 16 years from now if she wants to go to any school in state of  Alabama as blackmail 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:00:49 EDT »

I am going this year for one BIG reason! My daughter Annalee will be 2 the week of the spring game, and she is in love with Smokey. I am wanting to get a pictures of her with Smokey either real or big stuff one :) I can use that about 16 years from now if she wants to go to any school in state of  Alabama as blackmail  

I'm going,It'll be a good time to see some football(I need a football fix) and enjoy the Spring weather(With My weather luck,it'll rain)!

10EC
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 06:21:45 EDT »

I think the Offense will put up big numbers in 2012 with Bray healthy and ready to go. I think,however,that the defense could very well give up as much as the offense puts on the board. This is a make or break season for Coach Dooley. No Bowl and He very well could be looking for an assistant's job somewhere in 2013.

Me, it's a no-stress way to take the kids for an afternoon of fun.  We usually only stay for a couple of quarters....
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 06:58:12 EDT »

I think the D will be fine, although the impact of the almost entirely new coaching staff remains to be seen.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 07:12:01 EDT »

I think the D will be fine, although the impact of the almost entirely new coaching staff remains to be seen.

Being optimistic I think Tennessee goes 7-5,3-5 in the SEC. Liberty Bowl agiant UCF sounds like a good bet

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 07:13:53 EDT »

Being optimistic I think Tennessee goes 7-5,3-5 in the SEC. Liberty Bowl agiant UCF sounds like a good bet

If that happens, we'll have a new coach this time next year.  We'd better, anyway.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 07:39:54 EDT »

That's your Optimistic outlook? Hate to see your pessimistic one

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 07:42:01 EDT »

That's your Optimistic outlook? Hate to see your pessimistic one

I'm mostly concerned with the Defense and all the new coaches. That could hold UT back from winning 8-9 games

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 07:44:15 EDT »

I'm mostly concerned with the Defense and all the new coaches. That could hold UT back from winning 8-9 games

There's reason for concern and reason for hope. I am more concerned with the run game and special teams. There's more depth everywhere.

I think an optimistic outlook for the season is 9 wins, and a pessimistic outlook is 6. If I were picking now I'd say we go 8-4

TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 08:59:54 EDT »

I want to go this year since my son that is 7 is really into football right now.  I know we would have a good time.  Does anyone know if that big car show in Pigeon Forge falls on the same weekend as the O&W game this year?  We like to stay in the Gatlinburg but I refuse to navigate and survive that car show traffic jam.  

Follow up - it is not the same weekend.  Looks like the weekend of the 14th.  Sweet!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:02:58 EDT by TallVol » Logged
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 09:58:40 EDT »

I will probably skip it for the first time in 10 years.  I think 7-5 or 6-6 is reality for us this year.

Go Big Orange.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 11:08:51 EDT »

Not a chance. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 07:34:42 EDT »

I want to go this year since my son that is 7 is really into football right now.  I know we would have a good time.  Does anyone know if that big car show in Pigeon Forge falls on the same weekend as the O&W game this year?  We like to stay in the Gatlinburg but I refuse to navigate and survive that car show traffic jam.  

Follow up - it is not the same weekend.  Looks like the weekend of the 14th.  Sweet!!

The O&W game is on the 21st

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: