VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 05:58:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peyton zipping throws at OTAs  (Read 2008 times)
Quasi EVol
« on: May 22, 2012, 05:24:09 EDT »

...and they're on target! 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7955626/peyton-manning-shows-zip-throws-denver-broncos-ota
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 03:49:43 EDT »

No one should doubt that Peyton can throw it again. The real questions is how will he be after a series of hard hits. I predict Peyton will be on DL before season is over.  I hope not, but I just cannot believe his neck will ever be healed enough to last a whole season. JMO
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 04:52:57 EDT »

No one should doubt that Peyton can throw it again. The real questions is how will he be after a series of hard hits. I predict Peyton will be on DL before season is over.  I hope not, but I just cannot believe his neck will ever be healed enough to last a whole season. JMO

The neck is STRONGER at the fusion site than it was before. The problem that slowed recovery had little to do with the strength of his neck.  Do you suppose top neuro surgeons would risk their career by letting him play? I don't even know why I waste my time....
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 01:56:57 EDT »

Yes, I realize the vertebrae may be stronger at the fusion, but Peyton's problem was the nerves that allow him to grip the ball and the muscle tone he needs to control it took a very long time to heal.  If he takes another blow to his neck in the vicinity of the nerve problem, it could occur again. He in fact could almost lose strength in the arm. I know several people that had similar neck injuries that never completely recovered.

As far as the surgeon, the surgeon is not taking a risk and we have never been told the surgeon's recommendation. As far as the Bronco doctors giving an OK, team doctor's let athletes play hurt all the time. The final decision is Peyton's, not the doctor.

It is JMO and only an opinion that I seriously doubt Peyton will be able to play the whole year. As far as doctor's are concerned, they it a practice for a reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: