VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 10:54:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My son Zach is participating in the Dooley Football Camp.  (Read 3639 times)
10EC
« on: June 04, 2012, 05:21:48 EDT »

He is having so much fun.

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 06:36:00 EDT »

Thats awesome! Looks like he's having a great time!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 06:53:37 EDT »

He is having so much fun.

Cmon Dooley!  Give the kid a scholly!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:44 EDT »

Priceless memories right there. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:22 EDT »

He and you will always treasure that. 

Sent my oldest boy at about that age to a Tony Delk basketball camp in Jackson TN. He remembers playing one on one with Walter McCarty. I don't know how but he drained a 3 on him.    He was so excited!
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 12:49:55 EDT »

He and you will always treasure that. 

Sent my oldest boy at about that age to a Tony Delk basketball camp in Jackson TN. He remembers playing one on one with Walter McCarty. I don't know how but he drained a 3 on him.    He was so excited!

That reminds me of a funny story.  I listen to a sports talk show out of Charlotte which used to have Billy Packer's son as the host.  Cornbread Maxwell, who played for UNCC, was a frequent guest.Well, Cornbread was on there one day and a caller said that he had gone to the Cedric Maxwell basketball camp several years ago and had dunked on him.  This guy was almost certainly making it up just to bust Cedric's chops (the show was pretty goofy) but Maxwell's response was, and I quote "Nobody has EVER dunked on me!".  The caller hangs up and they go to break.  When they come back, they have several e-mails of James Worthy, who is from the Charlotte area, throwing down this filthy dunk on Cornbread.  http://www.yougotdunkedon.com/2009/05/throwback-dunk-of-week-james-worthy.html  Note that Worthy gets up so high his crotch is in Maxwell's face.  So Cornbread never heard the end of that.
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 01:32:58 EDT »

That reminds me of a funny story.  I listen to a sports talk show out of Charlotte which used to have Billy Packer's son as the host.  Cornbread Maxwell, who played for UNCC, was a frequent guest.Well, Cornbread was on there one day and a caller said that he had gone to the Cedric Maxwell basketball camp several years ago and had dunked on him.  This guy was almost certainly making it up just to bust Cedric's chops (the show was pretty goofy) but Maxwell's response was, and I quote "Nobody has EVER dunked on me!".  The caller hangs up and they go to break.  When they come back, they have several e-mails of James Worthy, who is from the Charlotte area, throwing down this filthy dunk on Cornbread.  http://www.yougotdunkedon.com/2009/05/throwback-dunk-of-week-james-worthy.html  Note that Worthy gets up so high his crotch is in Maxwell's face.  So Cornbread never heard the end of that.

I saw Worthy dunk on Buzz Peterson high school.  Gastonia Ashbrook (Worthy's team) was playing at Asheville High (Buzz's team) in a game played at the Asheville Civic Center.  Worthy wasn't even the biggest guy on his high school team.  They had a 7 footer who played D1 basketball (seems like he played at Wofford if memory serves) and a guard named Begley who played at Austin Peay.  Both teams were ranked top 5 in North Carolina when they met in that game.  Buzz, who probably weighed all of 135 pounds at the time (seems like it was his sophomore year) had a great game, scoring about 40 points.  That wasn't enough, however, as Worthy - who already had a full beard and looked to be about 23 years old - scored over 50 and led his team to the win.  

Fun times, and great memories.    

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 03:22:00 EDT »

Good stuff

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: