VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 04:30:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am picking up a new toy tomorrow  (Read 5203 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 08:03:33 EDT »

I am stoked!

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 08:04:49 EDT »

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:12:19 EDT »

Now all you need is a puppy to match it!! 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:14:15 EDT »

Now all you need is a puppy to match it!! 

Yeah I'm so disgusted with that it's on hold until I get the car situation settled. I may have the GA sold, though.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 09:17:58 EDT »

Yeah I'm so disgusted with that it's on hold until I get the car situation settled. I may have the GA sold, though.

I will quit trying to change my husband's mind about it, then.  I can't find a Nissan with that mileage at that price..or at least I haven't yet.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 09:22:34 EDT »

Nice!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 09:27:28 EDT »

I will quit trying to change my husband's mind about it, then.  I can't find a Nissan with that mileage at that price..or at least I haven't yet.

That may be because Nissans are better cars and hold their value better than old Pontiacs.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 09:31:23 EDT »

If it falls through I will let you know. I've only had one hit on it and it's someone representing the 23rd judicial drug task force drug court... they facilitate their graduating recoverees in getting back on their feet with money that they have saved on their own, and the girl who wants it sounds really excited. I am cutting her a deal on the price.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 09:44:50 EDT »

Sweet ride. With all of that weight you've lost you should slip right in. 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 09:47:16 EDT »

If it falls through I will let you know. I've only had one hit on it and it's someone representing the 23rd judicial drug task force drug court... they facilitate their graduating recoverees in getting back on their feet with money that they have saved on their own, and the girl who wants it sounds really excited. I am cutting her a deal on the price.

Awww I hope it works out for her.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 09:53:50 EDT »

Sweet ride. With all of that weight you've lost you should slip right in. 

Honestly for me it has always been more of a question of height rather than weight... All my weight was in the front in my torso... I wasn't overly wide even when I was big. But I was concerned about the leg room even though the specs on the coupe for driver leg room were virtually identical to the specs on the sedan. Before I committed myself to the thought of buying it, I went and sat in one that was virtually just like it (that one ended up selling before I was ready). It was more comfortable for me than the '03 Grand Am GT sedan I have now. There is very little room in the back seat on my side because I'm back all the way, but that won't be an issue 99% of the time. I pick up the kids twice a week but my oldest is old enough to ride in the front. When we go anywhere as a family we generally take my wife's Pacifica.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 09:58:15 EDT »

There is more rear leg room in the G37 coupe than in the Altima coupe.  Now thanks to you I have puppy fever AND car fever!!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 10:15:05 EDT »

There is more rear leg room in the G37 coupe than in the Altima coupe.  Now thanks to you I have puppy fever AND car fever!!

The worst thing about Facebook is seeing all the fun stuff everybody is doing and wanting to do it too. I do that all the time.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 12:07:20 EDT »

Awww I hope it works out for her.

Unfortunately she might get outbid. I got another call today. I have a heart but I'm also a businessman.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 04:53:41 EDT »

The car got held up so it doesn't look like I'm getting it tomorrow... Which blows. But I did sell my old one, in principle.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 06:08:58 EDT »

I finally sold my old car a couple weeks ago.  After buying it new in 1998 and driving it for 14 years, it was like parting with an old friend.  An old friend with some fairly serious mechanical issues.   

It needed a brake job, but the main thing was the AC compressor was out and that's a big money item.

But if I allowed for the price of a brake job and a new compressor, I got about the middle of the range I was looking for and the guy buying it got a pretty good price.  If he gets a rebuilt compressor he'll come out a bit ahead maybe.

I called him to close the deal around 1:30 a couple Saturdays ago and then spent an hour or two cleaning it up one last time.  I had a lot of great times in that car, but I have a new one now.  Couldn't keep three vehicles forever.

Next up...my 1993 Chevy truck that gets 10 mpg needs to be exchanged for a newer, more fuel efficient model.   Hope do to that by the end of the summer.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: