VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 12:51:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Lane Kiffin be the beneficiary...  (Read 4726 times)
VOLveeta
« on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:09 EDT »

of Penn State's penalties?  Will the ugly irony here be that the juniors and seniors with NFL promise will jump ship and be seduced by Land & Ogre?

Ugh.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 07:41:15 EDT »

of Penn State's penalties?  Will the ugly irony here be that the juniors and seniors with NFL promise will jump ship and be seduced by Land & Ogre?

Ugh.

Why would he be the beneficiary over and above anyone else?

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 07:56:13 EDT »

No, because he still is limited in the number of schollies he can take.

VOLveeta
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 08:03:03 EDT »

Why would he be the beneficiary over and above anyone else?

Because he's the prince of fizzleing darkness and he always seems to manage to pull that crap off.  :-)
byronga
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 04:44:14 EDT »

If I heard the press conference correctly anyone who transfers does not count against the scholarship total.
No, because he still is limited in the number of schollies he can take.

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 06:20:35 EDT »

Lame can still go to hell!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 01:44:48 EDT »

If I heard the press conference correctly anyone who transfers does not count against the scholarship total.

It doesn't for this year, but it does for the next. If Kiffin is only allowed 15 schollies this year and he takes a couple of PSU players that put him at 17 incoming players, then he will lose 2 from next year's class and 2 from the 85 total. That's my understanding, anyway. I'm actually not positive that the NCAA approved that part anyway, but it was under discussion.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 03:03:07 EDT »

It doesn't for this year, but it does for the next. If Kiffin is only allowed 15 schollies this year and he takes a couple of PSU players that put him at 17 incoming players, then he will lose 2 from next year's class and 2 from the 85 total. That's my understanding, anyway. I'm actually not positive that the NCAA approved that part anyway, but it was under discussion.

This waiver has not been verified. It's something they're looking into
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 07:39:28 EDT »

The waiver should not apply to a team on probation, and if it does, other ADs and/or conference heads should protest.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLveeta
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 12:02:30 EDT »

and the answer is... yes.

Ugh.
10EC
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 12:58:37 EDT »

and the answer is... yes.

Ugh.

This blatant use of your time traveling abilities is going to get you in trouble someday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: