VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 08:19:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing says the season is just weeks away like your star QB being a dumbass  (Read 20365 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 08:47:26 EDT »

Clocky clocky clocky....has it been that long?  Maybe I should have said ' don't the Knoxville police have anything better to do'.

Or "it's not like he shot the president." You can see how one might not understand how you meant that. But it could be that I'm just in an argumentative mood and I really want this whole thing to be unfounded.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 08:49:19 EDT »

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 08:51:05 EDT »

Or "it's not like he shot the president." You can see how one might not understand how you meant that. But it could be that I'm just in an argumentative mood and I really want this whole thing to be unfounded.

I think it's a damn lie!  I should go to Knoxville and find that girl and slap her.  Where is her loyalty!?
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 08:52:02 EDT »

3HL will rot your brain.

That explains it!   
101stDad
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 08:54:09 EDT »

With the Kaplan tweet that he will make restitution, it would appear that Bray was responsible for the broken windshield, which pretty much puts the claim that he wasn't there in serious doubt.  

The fact that he was served an eviction notice, and then involved in an act of vandalism doesn't speak well for the feel good stories about how he has matured and is a different person being accurate.  

I don't have a warm fuzzy about his leadership ability about now.  
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 08:58:35 EDT »

With the Kaplan tweet that he will make restitution, it would appear that Bray was responsible for the broken windshield, which pretty much puts the claim that he wasn't there in serious doubt.  

The fact that he was served an eviction notice, and then involved in an act of vandalism doesn't speak well for the feel good stories about how he has matured and is a different person being accurate.  

I don't have a warm fuzzy about his leadership ability about now.  

I'll wait until there is an actual story with facts before I worry too much. We don't know which, if any, of the three main items here (bottles, windshield, eviction) are factual.

101stDad
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 09:08:49 EDT »

I'll wait until there is an actual story with facts before I worry too much. We don't know which, if any, of the three main items here (bottles, windshield, eviction) are factual.

Given that the manager of the apartment complex told the one who had her windshield bashed that the eviction notice had been served:

Allen said an office manager in the apartment complex told her Bray and Grandinetti had been served with an eviction notice just prior to her arriving home for lunch.

... I tend to believe that it really did happened. 

If restitution has been agreed on, it pretty much erases doubt that it likely happened as is being reported.  I don't know of too many college students who would agree to lay out $500 that they weren't really responsible for.   
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 09:11:49 EDT »

I at least hope he was aiming for her windshield so I don't have to worry about his accuracy. #JustintoJustinsoundsgoodaboutnow
101stDad
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 09:13:22 EDT »

Story revised, facts are in: 

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/jul/25/tyler-bray-roommate-accused-of-throwing-beer-off/
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 09:14:17 EDT »

Given that the manager of the apartment complex told the one who had her windshield bashed that the eviction notice had been served:

Allen said an office manager in the apartment complex told her Bray and Grandinetti had been served with an eviction notice just prior to her arriving home for lunch.

... I tend to believe that it really did happened. 

If restitution has been agreed on, it pretty much erases doubt that it likely happened as is being reported.  I don't know of too many college students who would agree to lay out $500 that they weren't really responsible for.   

College students with a potential multi-million dollar future job whose interest is better served if the whole story just dies even if it's not all true? Just speculating.

His offer to pay in all likelihood means some or all of it is true. I just don't know that we're best served assuming that the second-hand, zero-witness information that has come out in the last hour is all true.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 09:25:21 EDT »

There are no new facts in that except that it confirms that there was an incident and that Allen did report it to the police. There's no additional information that implicates Bray in the windshield vandalism, nor any that confirms or denies his eviction. I'm just asking that we be fair to Bray here and not assume the worst. At this point it doesn't make much difference, as the whole thing could be true and he's still not going to be suspended. We will see whether this is any reflection on his play on the field or as a leader of the team.

With that I'm out of this thread, as I can foresee a lot of wheel spinning in my future. Let's just hope this second and last offseason incident is all we hear about before August 31.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 09:39:49 EDT »

Some conflicting stories on this one, but bottom line

- No charges filed, so Bray's status as the Vols QB is ok
- Sounds like Bray does need to grow up and be the leader off the field that he is supposed to be on the field.
- IMO Dooley told him to pay the woman whether he did it or not. Longterm, it's a good financial move.

Never a dull day
101stDad
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2012, 09:48:11 EDT »

There are no new facts in that except that it confirms that there was an incident and that Allen did report it to the police. There's no additional information that implicates Bray in the windshield vandalism, nor any that confirms or denies his eviction. I'm just asking that we be fair to Bray here and not assume the worst. At this point it doesn't make much difference, as the whole thing could be true and he's still not going to be suspended. We will see whether this is any reflection on his play on the field or as a leader of the team.

With that I'm out of this thread, as I can foresee a lot of wheel spinning in my future. Let's just hope this second and last offseason incident is all we hear about before August 31.

Right.  Lets be fair to Bray, but not give the person whose car was vandalized nor the eyewitness who saw the two of them throwing the bottles and golf balls any consideration. 

Spin it as you like, but agreeing to make restitution for something one didn't do just doesn't make sense on any level if you weren't involved. 

If this had happened at Bama, UF, Michigan, or anywhere else the same UT fans who are spinning this as "boys will be boys" would be screaming at the top of their lungs about how out of control those schools are.  I love UT football as much as anybody else, but I am getting tired of this kind of thing, and especially coming from those who are supposed to be team leaders.   
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2012, 10:58:45 EDT »

If Bray agreed to pay restitution, he did it. Period. There's no way in heck Dooley or anyone else associated with the football program would persuade him to take the blame for something he didn't do, simply because it's going to be a blitz of negative PR and if Bray wasn't part of it they would be going out of their way to distance him from it.

It isn't a huge deal, certainly not as bad as getting caught in a car of his teammates under the influence and in possession of a handgun. But it disappoints me. I don't expect that from any player on the team who is considered a "leader," especially the freakin quarterback.

But as Revolver said at the outset of this thread, it really doesn't surprise me much. I'd like to believe all the feel-good stories about Bray growing up and taking control of this team but unfortunately his actions say that he's still immature. That concerns me, but I guess we'll have a better idea in a couple of months of how he's able to lead this team.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 02:29:39 EDT »

Guys...there are two events here

1 - Bray throws bottles at car, damages it, admits it, pays restitution.
2 - Someone vandalizes a different car (owner is the one who turned in Bray and his roomate for first offense). This crime happened at a different time. Bray has denied doing this, and is paying nothing for it. He also has some witnesses who say that he was with them at this time.

Now - maybe he did the second car, maybe not, but that is the one that is open, and more serious. Right now, without proof, they won't press charges on anyone.

Bray was stupid and he did something he should not have, but if he only did the first thing, it is a minor offense, and was not charged. He will get nothing for it from Dooley. The second crime is a possible felony, if they pursue it.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 02:49:22 EDT »

Well this doesn't surpise me, regardless of what did or did not happen.  I like Bray, he's a great QB, but he has always come off as a cocky smart-ass to me.  I watched some video interviews of him last year, the one's where they interview the players as individuals down on the field, one on one, and at no point did he give a straight or serious answer to any question.

No problem with that, he just likes to have fun.  There were also some questions raised as to his work ethic at the end of last season, which I admit were highly speculative, but yet do seem to fit his general personality and definitely his performance in the UK game.

So I am not even remotely surpsied that he might be stupid enough to throw beer bottles off a balcony (IF he did...cough cough).

I just hope he keeps his shizzle together long enough to finish the season and thank God he's not into beating women or fighting in bars.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 02:56:55 EDT »

I tend to think there's nothing to the accusation that her windshield was busted in retaliation. That's nothing but speculation on her part and IMO it's a little irresponsible for that to wind up in a police complaint that becomes public record if there's nothing of substance to back it up.

This statement just floors me.

I would be very surpised if it came out that neither Bray nor his roomate busted the wind shield.   

It's definitely not very common for windshields to just break at random or something, and she did report the other incident to the police.

Just scratching my head, wondering how you could think otherwise.

Then again, you don't think Calipari is cheating at Kentucky, so..... :dielaughing

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 03:13:07 EDT »

Some friends and I got in trouble for the same thing in the Air Force (well, minus the vandalizing cars thing).  Right behind our dorm was a large grass field where hundreds of jackrabbits would gather after dark.  And it just happened that my friends' 2nd floor balcony overlooked that field.  We sat out on that balcony drinking one Saturday night and decided to partake in a little, um, target practice (FWIW, Miller Lite Bottles are a bit more accurate than Bud bottles.  Just so you know.) We were even responsible enough to go down and pick up after ourselves the next morning.  It didn't matter.  We were all hauled in front of the 1Sgt the following Monday, and spent the following Saturday picking up trash.  Ah, youth.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 04:11:59 EDT »

This statement just floors me.

I would be very surpised if it came out that neither Bray nor his roomate busted the wind shield.   

It's definitely not very common for windshields to just break at random or something, and she did report the other incident to the police.

Just scratching my head, wondering how you could think otherwise.

Then again, you don't think Calipari is cheating at Kentucky, so..... :dielaughing

If I scratched my head at all the stupid shizzle I read on message boards, I'd probably have a bald spot.

But the point remains that there's no evidence to tie Bray to the smashed windshield other than circumstance so I think it's a little premature to mention him as a suspect knowing that the media will take it and run with it.

And it's awfully common for cars to be vandalized by totally random people who have no motive other than looking for something to do for grins and giggles. Not sure why we're jumping to the conclusion that Bray or his roommate did it.

Then again, you think that a guy who has won 2 of the last 3 MNCs is washed up and will never win another, so... 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 07:49:50 EDT »

If I scratched my head at all the stupid shizzle I read on message boards, I'd probably have a bald spot.

But the point remains that there's no evidence to tie Bray to the smashed windshield other than circumstance so I think it's a little premature to mention him as a suspect knowing that the media will take it and run with it.

And it's awfully common for cars to be vandalized by totally random people who have no motive other than looking for something to do for grins and giggles. Not sure why we're jumping to the conclusion that Bray or his roommate did it.

Then again, you think that a guy who has won 2 of the last 3 MNCs is washed up and will never win another, so...  

I scratched my head, so what you're saying is that what you posted....

But never mind that, I am not saying absolutely that Bray or his roomate (or someone close to them) vandalized the car of the wtiness or that I know this for sure.  I am definitely saying that this is and should be the obvious suspicion.   Cars are VERY OCCASIONALLY (not "awfully common"-ly) vandalized, to have one be vandalized right after a police report is filed where the witness "ratted someone out" is in fact highly suspicious, and the police would rightly consider the "rattee's" the prime suspects.  To do otherwise would be gross incompetance.  Therefore, reporting on it is no big deal.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:36:15 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2012, 07:54:02 EDT »

As for your other comments, first let's look at your attitude to Calipari.  You think no cheating has occured.  And yet, Calipari left TWO DIFFERENT PROGRAMS in trouble with the NCAA and now is having amazing recruiting success at UK AND is closely associated with WW Wes, one of the shadier characters in the NCAA universe, AND is closely associated with shizzle loads of Nike money that plays a dubious role in AAU camps and other activities.

The great perponderance of the evidence simply screams that Calipari is up to no good, yet again, for the third time in a row.  It's logical to assume he is cheating.

As for what you say about Saban, I didn't say he was washed up.  I said he has no where to go but down, and that he won't continue to win the MNC at this rate.  No one in the history of NCAA football has.

Finally...saban has had amazing success recruiting, and something about it smells.  I think that sooner or later it will catch up to him.  I guess we will find out.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2012, 02:01:09 EDT »

There is a lot of arguing ITT just for the sake of arguing.

Personally after hearing the stories and reading everything about Tyler... while I'm disappointed and hate that he did something stupid, I don't care about this. He isn't charged and shouldn't be suspended. Discipline him internally and hope he doesn't do stupid stuff like this again. Does it reflect badly on his leadership ability? Probably. Is it a big deal in the scheme of things? Nope.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2012, 02:08:22 EDT »

There is a lot of arguing ITT just for the sake of arguing.

No, you're wrong.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2012, 02:13:21 EDT »

As for your other comments, first let's look at your attitude to Calipari.  You think no cheating has occured.  And yet, Calipari left TWO DIFFERENT PROGRAMS in trouble with the NCAA and now is having amazing recruiting success at UK AND is closely associated with WW Wes, one of the shadier characters in the NCAA universe, AND is closely associated with shizzle loads of Nike money that plays a dubious role in AAU camps and other activities.

The great perponderance of the evidence simply screams that Calipari is up to no good, yet again, for the third time in a row.  It's logical to assume he is cheating.

As for what you say about Saban, I didn't say he was washed up.  I said he has no where to go but down, and that he won't continue to win the MNC at this rate.  No one in the history of NCAA football has.

Finally...saban has had amazing success recruiting, and something about it smells.  I think that sooner or later it will catch up to him.  I guess we will find out.

I'm starting to wonder if you don't spend a little too much time obsessing over what I say.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2012, 04:06:04 EDT »

I'm starting to wonder if you don't spend a little too much time obsessing over what I say.

Nah.  It's just that your response to this issue reminds me of the way you react to potential cheating at programs that have, shall we say, unbelievable success in recruiting.  If I am focused (not obsessed) on something, it's that. 

I agree with Revolver that this is not that big an issue of and by itself.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: