VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 04:17:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some random thoughts about the UF game.  (Read 1061 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2012, 12:41:27 EDT »

Everyone is thinking this is the year to get them and it probably is since they are young like us and even younger and less experienced at the main position QB. I will assume their defense will be stout like last year. Not sure how good Powell will come back for them this year as hasn't had as much time as Hunter to heal and we have worries about him. Boom as a head coach is still question mark just like Dooley but he was well thought of. Their lb's are good and fast.

Not sure about their special teams but I know they will be fast across the board. This is an area where they and everyone else has kicked our butts the last few years. We really need improvement here to win this game.

I suspect we will be hard pressed to get much on the ground against them but we still need to be able to convert 3rd or 4th and inches. Unless we screw up they shouldn't score a whole lot so we hold most of the cards offensively. Here is where Sal pays off I hope. The other thing in our favor and I think this is huge the gators have a quality opponent before our game and will have to open up the playbook to win. 1st time I remember them having to do that. Should help our staff prepare the team much better. In years past they always had that advantage over us.

If it is a track meet game then I say its in our favor because of offense. Ours should be better than theirs and if we can get up a couple scores it will force them to expose their young qb.  If its close it may favor them as Dooley will have to be thinking what is going to happen next to keep us from winning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: