VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 09:16:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally some good news for Panhandle from the V.A...............................  (Read 3640 times)
PanhandleVol
All-American

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:03:53 EDT »

I came home today from running errands and a big white envelope from the Veterans Administration was in the Mailbox. After all the fighting, the tears and pain...............I was declared 100% disabled. It was a 2.5 year fight and I can not say enough about those who believed in me and actually helped me. One being Rep. Jeff Miller, my Congressman. Don't get me wrong, I would have given anything to be completely healthy and in the working world. I miss the fast pace. I miss my uniform and most of all I miss the people. For better or worse the U.S. Military is hands down the most professional organization in the world. Those who have served know that. Maybe I will post a little more often now and even get my season tickets back next year. One thing this experience has done for me is to take stock in my life and what I really want to do. I want to help my fellow veterans and with all my experience fighting the VA, I have decided to volunteer for the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) and use my contacts and personal experience to help them receive their benefits. More servicemen and veterans have killed themselves this year than ever. That's just wrong and I'm going to do my part to stop it. So many are forgotten and it's heartbreaking. Now the next fight starts ............Social Security Disability. Thanks for listening. And if you do only one thing, tell a veteran you thank them and be sincere about it. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 02:02:52 EDT »

Thank you for your service PV!  You deserve everything that comes to you and more!   
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:51:06 EDT »

nm

volsboyinsodak
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:40:35 EDT »

I'm sorry to say I didn't know you were having some problems. TTL you have gotten this part resolved. I have room for another on my prayer list, so I'll include you.

keep hanging in there and good to see you again.

Go Vols!

G
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:54:42 EDT »

I came home today from running errands and a big white envelope from the Veterans Administration was in the Mailbox. After all the fighting, the tears and pain...............I was declared 100% disabled. It was a 2.5 year fight and I can not say enough about those who believed in me and actually helped me. One being Rep. Jeff Miller, my Congressman. Don't get me wrong, I would have given anything to be completely healthy and in the working world. I miss the fast pace. I miss my uniform and most of all I miss the people. For better or worse the U.S. Military is hands down the most professional organization in the world. Those who have served know that. Maybe I will post a little more often now and even get my season tickets back next year. One thing this experience has done for me is to take stock in my life and what I really want to do. I want to help my fellow veterans and with all my experience fighting the VA, I have decided to volunteer for the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) and use my contacts and personal experience to help them receive their benefits. More servicemen and veterans have killed themselves this year than ever. That's just wrong and I'm going to do my part to stop it. So many are forgotten and it's heartbreaking. Now the next fight starts ............Social Security Disability. Thanks for listening. And if you do only one thing, tell a veteran you thank them and be sincere about it. 
That is welcome news but more importantly how are things on the medical front?  Hopefully the VA system has been a help to you, instead of a hinderence it can be all to often.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 01:15:16 EDT »

I've thought about you from time to time and wondered why you weren't posting. I'm glad the VA issue has finally been resolved for you. My husband goes to the VA in Augusta, GA. They are wonderful! He was given his 100% disability last month and since his cancer was found in June, it will be retroactive to that time. He was paying for his chemo treatments, but all of that will be reimbursed. He is in the DVA here in Batesburg. Like you, he has found them to be very active in helping the Vet with paperwork and phone calls. Good luck to you, you are doing a good work.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 03:39:37 EDT »

Congrats Pan....check you messages please.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 05:11:38 EDT »

Did not know you were having so much trouble. Glad you got your disability and sorry that you had to get it. That is more than a worthy endeavor and I am sure you will be a great blessing for those in need.    
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: