VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 05:48:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pic of our huge d-lineman  (Read 4897 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2012, 11:12:14 EDT »

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 02:30:34 EDT »

red X for me!

G   
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 02:44:28 EDT »

x for me as well
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 03:51:40 EDT »

? For me. lol Serious I get a "?" and i'd like to see the pic!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 04:43:53 EDT »

Works for me

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:24:44 EDT »

Well I probably have a jacked up setting or something.  No big deal. Just a bit excited like the rest.  Ready for some football!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 02:05:35 EDT »

You have to be logged in at Feelslike98.com to see the pic. I don't see it either.

I assume it's the pic of McCullers and Phillips? Phillips looks woefully out of shape.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 02:27:27 EDT »

You have to be logged in at Feelslike98.com to see the pic. I don't see it either.

I assume it's the pic of McCullers and Phillips? Phillips looks woefully out of shape.

Yeah Phillips won't contribute this year.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 03:18:21 EDT »

Maybe he can get in good enough condition to play a little as the season progresses if we need him. A motivated person (at their age especially) can make a lot of improvements in their conditioning in 2 or 3 months. If not red shirt him for next year. Good to have that option again. The past two seasons he would have had to play at least some. Win win to me. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 03:32:28 EDT »

Maybe he can get in good enough condition to play a little as the season progresses if we need him. A motivated person (at their age especially) can make a lot of improvements in their conditioning in 2 or 3 months. If not red shirt him for next year. Good to have that option again. The past two seasons he would have had to play at least some. Win win to me. 

Now would be a good time to recall that Joseph Ayres, a 265 lb walk-on, played 20 games at DT in the last two years including a start in 2010. That's how woefully weak we have been up front. It is TBD whether we have any NFL players among our defensive linemen, but it's reasonably safe to say that we shouldn't have to rely on 265 lb walk-ons in SEC competition. Dooley & Co. have dramatically upgraded that position.

Nothing against Ayres . . . without his great-great-grandpappy I'd have had no Ayres Hall to spend so many days and days in as an undergraduate, and I always appreciate guys that give their all for Tennessee.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 03:57:05 EDT »

Now would be a good time to recall that Joseph Ayres, a 265 lb walk-on, played 20 games at DT in the last two years including a start in 2010. That's how woefully weak we have been up front. It is TBD whether we have any NFL players among our defensive linemen, but it's reasonably safe to say that we shouldn't have to rely on 265 lb walk-ons in SEC competition. Dooley & Co. have dramatically upgraded that position.

Nothing against Ayres . . . without his great-great-grandpappy I'd have had no Ayres Hall to spend so many days and days in as an undergraduate, and I always appreciate guys that give their all for Tennessee.

Great point.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 03:51:34 EDT »

LOL! The very day I bring this up, Mychal Rivera tweaks a knee and they start giving Joseph Ayres some reps at TE. 

I wish him the best. He's up over 270 now so maybe he can come in and plow somebody to help the running game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: