VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 08:51:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is bound to make the rounds, so . . .  (Read 17153 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:47 EDT »

Aside from a few of the usual suspects on talk shows and messageboards, I haven't seen anyone making a mountain out of this molehill. Most people really don't seem to care except the ones who are convinced that there's a giant conspiracy by Bray haters and the media. But it's going to be discussed, and that has nothing to do with UT fans. You think this wouldn't be a topic of conversation on a UF board or a UGA board right now?

Check out MrSEC.com.  I didn't THINK this was a big deal, but after reading Pennington's take, I'm now convinced that we're about to get the Penn State treatment.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 01:56:19 EDT »

Check out MrSEC.com.  I didn't THINK this was a big deal, but after reading Pennington's take, I'm now convinced that we're about to get the Penn State treatment.

Yep, I saw that. I haven't seen a lot of people blow it up yet, but Pennington did.

Three fizzleing weeks. I'm tired of this summer.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 02:10:29 EDT »

Aside from a few of the usual suspects on talk shows and messageboards, I haven't seen anyone making a mountain out of this molehill. Most people really don't seem to care except the ones who are convinced that there's a giant conspiracy by Bray haters and the media. But it's going to be discussed, and that has nothing to do with UT fans. You think this wouldn't be a topic of conversation on a UF board or a UGA board right now?

Those usual suspects are exactly who I am talking about.

UF and UGa boards wouldn't be talking about a boating violation like it's a big deal, no.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 02:14:48 EDT »

As I said, the usual suspects . . .  John has a tendency to go a wee bit overboard with these things. I don't think what he's saying is totally without validity. He just added a healthy dose of hyperbole.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 05:44:37 EDT »

Yawn. Hot dogging it on a jet ski. I believe that's pretty much the purpose of a jet ski

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 06:16:20 EDT »

UF and UGa boards wouldn't be talking about a boating violation like it's a big deal, no.

We'll just agree to disagree then.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 06:24:06 EDT by BigOrange Maniac » Logged
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 01:42:39 EDT »

Check out MrSEC.com.  I didn't THINK this was a big deal, but after reading Pennington's take, I'm now convinced that we're about to get the Penn State treatment.

Pennington is a big Hyams friend and both of them are totally butt hurt that Dooley will not give them any access like they enjoyed under Fulmer.  Dooley has told Pennington to "f-o" basically cause he thinks he is a JOKE!   Pennington is a joke...his insights into sports are from a rocking chair in front of an old folks home.  He misses the point many times over the course of a season.....I respect Dooley because not only is he a disciplinarian, he is also smarter than three quarters than the other coaches out there.  Has he made mistakes...sure, but in this instance the argument that Dooley blew this all off with a quip by Pennington is pure and total hyperbole.

I for one was disappointed in Pennington for blowing the incident up into a bigger deal than it was.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:44:47 EDT by EmerilVOL » Logged

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 03:04:57 EDT »

Derek Dooley is a disciplinarian?  Says who?  Day-Rick??
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 03:24:53 EDT »

Derek Dooley is a disciplinarian?  Says who?  Day-Rick??

I don't think that Dooley is any more a disciplinarian than anybody else, but I've also decided that the Da'Rick hype is media created and sensationalized. That guy has been getting rave reviews for work ethic and film study all summer and the first question Dooley gets asked is "Is Da'Rick suspended for the first game?" The media talks about Da'Rick being a cancer but never really tells us why.

I think my problem is that I've reached the point where I've realized that I'm oversaturated with Vols coverage. It started a couple of years ago when I started and then subsequently stopped following players on Twitter and Facebook. We just have too much detail too fast now and we enable the media to feed our inexplicable need to put football players on a pedestal above what we did in college.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 03:26:17 EDT »

We'll just agree to disagree then.

I agreed on that with my first post in the topic. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 03:41:35 EDT »

I don't think that Dooley is any more a disciplinarian than anybody else, but I've also decided that the Da'Rick hype is media created and sensationalized. That guy has been getting rave reviews for work ethic and film study all summer and the first question Dooley gets asked is "Is Da'Rick suspended for the first game?" The media talks about Da'Rick being a cancer but never really tells us why.

I think my problem is that I've reached the point where I've realized that I'm oversaturated with Vols coverage. It started a couple of years ago when I started and then subsequently stopped following players on Twitter and Facebook. We just have too much detail too fast now and we enable the media to feed our inexplicable need to put football players on a pedestal above what we did in college.

Abnsolutely true. It has gotten to the point now that fans are speculating when Bray is going to take his next dump.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 04:08:53 EDT »

Abnsolutely true. It has gotten to the point now that fans are speculating when Bray is going to take his next dump.

He needs to quit taking them on his team.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 04:13:51 EDT »

This is truly not a big deal.  It sounds like something I myself would do, even at my age, or anyone for that matter.  It sounds like a very routine stop that happens to a lot of people.

OTOH, I still think Bray is a little bit of an immature idiot, and until he proves otherwise I will continue to think so.  It certainly isn't due to this one issue, but what I perceive his general attitude to be based on past actions, and definitely not just the rock throwing either.  Early in his career, whenever he got in front of a camera, he went well out of his way to be a smart ass, and he seems to still be in that mode.

It would be in his interest to tone it down a good bit.  NFL teams do look at stuff like that more than they used to.

It may or may not impact whether we win or not.  I don't consider that the discriminator.  I still thought Casey was a bit of a head case even at the end of his career even though he won a lot of games and I liked him a lot.   Heck, if he had gotten his shizzle together a bit better, we might have won more when he was here, who knows.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 04:15:06 EDT »

Not the first time I've been disappointed in Pennington.  Dude's a joke.
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 04:15:19 EDT »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RFZrzg62Zj0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/RFZrzg62Zj0</a>
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 05:31:53 EDT »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RFZrzg62Zj0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/RFZrzg62Zj0</a>

This.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: